Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Break from all the baby talk...

So my sweet sister-in-law, Ashley is getting married in January and she invited me, her best friend (Valerie) and her parents to go wedding dress shopping. Since my schedule is pretty free these days, and because I LOVE wedding planning, I agreed to tag along. How fun it was to be with these two sweet college girls...they remind me of how fun it was to be their age and making plans to be with the man you love. They are both getting married this year and have chosen great Christian guys. We had fun laughing and being girls.

Now to explain the pictures....no worries, the dress Ashley has on here is NOT the one she is getting - but we did really like it! It was very vintage and romantic....the dress you would pick if you could have worn maybe 3 of them on your wedding day - she looked beautiful in it, but it didn't have the WOW factor that the real dress had. I do have pictures of her in "the real" dress, but for fear of a lurking fiance I will not even think about posting those. The second picture is Ashley wearing her bridesmaid dress for Valerie's wedding and Valerie wearing a potential bridesmaid dress for Ashley's wedding.

All in all, it was a great afternoon and another opportunity for me to procrastinate a little more. For example it is 1:15 PM on Saturday afternoon and I STILL haven't packed our bags for the hospital. I figure I can do it tonight. I mean let's be honest, it's not like I sleep much at night anyway!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

GO PACK YOUR STINKIN' BAG!!! Can't wait to meet baby Carson!