Saturday, March 22, 2008

Carson's First Full Week (almost)

Hello Friends! Things have been crazy around the Smith house, so let me give you a little update on what has been happening...
Carson is a great baby. And when I say great, I mean fabulously great. He sleeps between all of his feedings and only cries if he is wet or hungry or has gas. He is very content to be in his swing and he absolutely LOVES the sound of his daddy's voice. He has the sweetest spirit and Chris and I said last night that he is almost too goo to be real. We praise the Lord every hour of every day for this boy.

Here's a look back at this week in pictures...

Chris went back to work on Thursday and had to kiss Carson goodbye. This was very difficult for dad and when he got home the boys sat in the leather chair and had "guy time". I can't say this enough, but Chris is the most amazing dad I have ever seen!



Sadie, on the other hand is a little confused by all of this. She finally came home Friday and quickly found her place in Carson's boppy.


We did break down one night and give Carson 1/2 an ounce of formula. This child will eat for an hour and a half if I let him. I couldn't take it anymore one night, so to "top him off" we gave him a bottle. Thank you Jesus for the small break from breast feeding :)


Carson just looked too cute in this outfit not to take his picture.


This was Carson before we left to come home from the hospital. He really wasn't crazy about the bright lights in the room or the cold air.


The Smith Family headed home.



Sweet, studious Carson; like his mom.


Wild, rebellious Carson; like his dad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Callie - he is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. I am so glad to hear that all three of you are adjusting well.

Anonymous said...

Girl you are too funny! I love the studious and wild side of Carson!

Ashley McWhorter said...

Don't be so hard on yourself about the formula thing. I nursed both girls for an entire year, but formula was my only saving grace sometimes!!! It works wonders!!! Especially for the "last" night time feeding. :) Love you!!!