Thursday, May 15, 2008

So much to blog...so little time...

It's been a while since our last post and so many things have been going on...

Carson and I went to visit my mom at work. She is a counselor's secretary at a junior high in Cy-Fair ISD. She works with such fun people, Carson was definitely the center of attention while we were there.


Here he is with Ify Ogumike - she is the principal at the school. This better be the only picture Carson takes with a principal. We definitely don't want him to be on a first name basis with his own school principal one day!



Carson with Peggy, mom and Ify.



After our exciting visit to mom's school, the weekend began and we headed to Brownwood, TX. Never heard of it? Yeah, I hadn't either until I became a Smith. It's the town where Chris went to college and incidentaly the same town that both set of his grandparents live. Chris's parents also went to the same college he did, so Brownwood is all kinds of good to the Smith family!


Carson buckled in and ready for the 5 hour trek! By the way, the 5 hour trip only ended up taking us 6 hours. Amen for a baby that loves to be in the car!




Carson with great Grandma Graves (although she doesn't want to be called great Grandmother, she thinks it sounds too old!)



She was thrilled to get to hold him for the first time!


Carson with great Grandma Smith


YEAH for Mother's Day! I must admit that it was a little surreal for me to be celebrating mother's day as a mother. And kind of weird for people in the restaurant that day to tell me "Happy Mother's Day". Don't get me wrong, it was wonderful. Just amazing to think how quickly time goes by. It seems like yesterday that Chris and I met at Houston's First Baptist church and started dating. I remember our wedding like it was last week. And I even remember the first time we talked about wanting to start a family. How precious and sweet these times are. We praise the Lord for choosing us to be parents!

The Smith gang!

Yeah for all the mothers!





Now for the sad part of the post...

Carson had his 8 week appointment with Dr. Jung and he had to get his shots. This was a more more traumatic experience for Chris and I than it was for Carson. As soon as the first shot went in his sweet little leg, I lost all faculties and burst into tears. I turned to look at Chris, whom I brought along so as to be my support, my rock, my one to tell me that Carson was going to be ok. I look over at Chris. And yes, HE was in tears. Great. Perfect. Way to go dad!

Needless to say, we all three made it through the appointment..and Carson even got to wear his fun monkey pants!



This is our sad face before the shots:


This boy is so stinkin' cute!! And notice the hair. Party like a rock star Carson!



And last but not least, yesterday was HAPPY WEDNESDAY at our house! Chris brought me a boquet of the most beautiful pink roses. They are huge and smell fabulous!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knowing your principal doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing. You loved your principal, she even gave you a wedding and baby shower and went to your wedding. Hopefully his will love him. Of course who couldn't love this precious sweet adorable face!!

Anonymous said...

I love the "party like a rockstar" picture!! Carson's hair is too cute!

It was great to see you!