My mom and dad rock!
Mom came over this afternoon and helped with Carson. Chris and I had dinner with her here and then she insisted that we go out and do something while she stay with Carson. My dad had a late meeting with all the coach's in the district and then he came over to play with the little man too. Chris and I headed out the door at 7:00 and went straight to this place...

Be still my beating heart! If you live in Houston and have never visited the Empire Cafe you need a beating. After your beating, pick yourself up and go there. It is on Westheimer, near Montrose. It's quite a drive for us, but definitely worth the time. It will not disappoint. Chris and I sipped on our iced coffee drinks and shared a succulent piece of yellow cake with chocolate and brown sugar icing. Almost sinful it was that good.
I had the most wonderful time talking and laughing with my sweet husband. You know you married the right guy when you have a quick date night like this and just don't want it to end (even after almost 5 years of marriage). We ended our night with a quick stop at the local HEB and then headed home.
WAIT it gets better...
When we get home, mom and dad are sitting on the couch and the house is quiet. Dishes are in the dishwasher, sink is clean, and baby is bathed, fed and ASLEEP in bed! Sweet mother of pearl, could this night be any better?!
Thank you mom and dad for watching our precious son for us.
Thank you sweet husband for a wonderful date night.
Thank you Heavenly Father for a family like this.
7 comments:
Nice! I'm so glad y'all had a date night. We went to Empire Cafe a couple months ago and I had the margherita pizza. It was so good!
I am so glad...that makes me happy that you were able to do that. And YES to that 25 day reading vacation!!!!! I am so there with you.
When we our childern understand that as a grandparent it is a JOY, HONOR, PLEASURE and something to look forward to as a parent but mainly a REWARD and God's gift to us to spend time with our grandchildren. We don't ever want to take the time that you, Chris, Anthony & Kara gives us with Carson & Stayton we appreicate and cherish it all. So thanks for letting us have our time with Carson even at the last minute (time we miss with Stayton, Anthony and Kara too. Next time ya'll need to stay gone longer! x/o
HOW FUN!! I LOVE Empire Cafe!!!!!
Such a sweet post.
Yeah for date night! Mimi and Pops rock. You know they loved their time with sweet little Carson. You are so blessed to have such amazing parents that want to be a part of your kid-o's life!
I am so glad the both of you had such a great time!! Also thanks for sharing the joy of your evening with us!! I can tell you really appreciated what your prents did. Thanks for sharing...next time I get a date with Dustin I will remember your enthusiasm, and appreciate the ones who gave the opportunity to me even more!!
Post a Comment