Friday, August 22, 2008

I survived!

Yeah, one surgery down and only one more to go! The procedure went fine, except for the fact that I was awake the entire time. Yes friends, awake the whole time on the operation table. I don't know about you, but I despise operating rooms. Something about the freezing temperature, bright lights, sterile smell just turns me off. How doctors do it, I am not sure. Regardless, my doctor wanted me to only have a small does of anesthesia so that I wouldn't throw up when I was coming off of it. Apparently, throwing up after you have inner ear surgery can cause major complications, so we wanted none of that!

I came home yesterday, Immediately popped some pain pills and pretty much slept all day. I feel fine, except for this massive Princess Lea looking contraption over me right ear. Yeah that I get to take it off today. Still don't know if I can hear better since the ear is full of gauze. Either way, I am glad to have the surgery over!

Thank you sweet friends for much coveted prayers.

5 comments:

fleur said...

'I feel fine, except for this massive Princess Lea looking contraption over me right ear.'
Are you a pirate? Cause I thought they wore patches over their eye, not their ear! :)
Glad it went well...we'll keep up the prayers as you recover and get back on yer feet!

Sarah said...

I want pictures Princess Lea!

Savvy said...

Thank the Lord!! So glad this went well and you're in good spirits. Let me know if you need a meal! Love, the pirate...

Anonymous said...

Glad it's over...can't wait to have a full conversation with no repeats!! Hahahah. Just kidding...I always loved talking to you anyway.

Tara Powell said...

I am so glad that all went well. Hopefully you are hearing so much better!!!