Friday, November 28, 2008

What a Thanksgiving!

So our trip to Brownwood, TX to visit Chris's grandparents for Thanksgiving was very interesting. Among the most exciting thing we did was wake up at 2 AM this morning to sweet sweet Carson deciding that it was time to play with mom and dad. After about an hour and a half of trying to get him to go to bed, we decided we might at well pack our things and just head home (we were planning on leaving this morning anyway). So at 3:30 AM we started the 5 hour drive back home to Houston. And where did we drive to? Straight to my parents house to drop off Carson! You see, HE slept during the entire drive home and was wired when we got to Houston. Chris and I were surviving on only 3 hours of sleep so we manipulated my parents into taking the little monster so that we could get some sleep! After a much needed nap I convinced Chris to take down all the Christmas decorations from the attic. This house needs a Christmas tree ASAP! That will be my mission for the next couple of days. That, and finding fabric to make Carson's Christmas Eve outfit. I really wanted this for him to wear (the overalls, not the dresses)...

but decided that the one yard of fabric it would take to make the thing was a much cheaper option. So tomorrow after the killer workout I will be headed to a fabric store to find something similar to this...
Won't he just look precious in this on Christmas Eve???

Tonight we also dug out this for Carson...

A Little People Nativity....AMAZING! I must say that this is one of my favorite shower gifts ever! Carson just loves the Little People and the stable even lights up and plays a song. If you have your own little ones in your house I highly suggest this sweet toy.
More pictures from the weekend to come. But honestly this girl needs to get some rest. Boot Camp in the morning. And guess what? I'm thinking I am going to sign up for the December mini-boot camp too - I know...I am nuts. But can you blame a girl for really liking the fact that the baby weight is off and the flab is turning into muscle? It's a little addicting this working out thing. Although December will be my last time with boot camp for a while. My body likes it but my budget doesn't!
Off to bed for now....

2 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Sorry for the sleepless night. I love the overalls. Are you making these, or is your sweet momma? :) Can't wait to see them on sweet Carson!

Tara Powell said...

I love that nativity. I pulled ours down tonight and loved the fact that I was able to tell Cade the Christmas story with the little people! Of course he was more interested in the music, but one of these days he will understand it!