Friday, December 26, 2008

The beginning of our Christmas...

So Christmas is a whirlwind around here and it still isn't over! We celebrated Christmas Eve and Christmas afternoon with Chris's family and had wonderful time! We attended Tallowood's Candlelight service and then headed to Bistro 829 for dinner. Any Katy people out there ever been? It's a fabulous restaurant in this deceiving strip center. You think "surely this place can't be that nice" when you approach. But then BAM! You walk in and it is beautiful! Anyway....we had dinner there (a very interesting task, I must admit, with a 9 month old). I am sure people were thinking, why do those people have that baby in here? I guess maybe because they didn't appreciate Carson banging his sippy cup on the table over, and over, and over again. Must have ruined their quiet, romantic Christmas eve. Oops!

After dinner we went back to their house for fancy, and I mean fancy desserts. After my belly was full, and my skirt was too tight, we came back home to put little man in bed. The next morning we had breakfast here with my family, afternoon naps, and then back to the Smiths to open presents. Whew! I'm tired just writing all this out!

To make up for the craziness of the past two days, today we stayed in our PJ's ALL DAY long and just relaxed. I even get to start a new book and take a short nap. Can I get an amen?!

Tomorrow we will do Christmas with my family since my brother, sister-in-law and nephew are now in town. Mom has lots of activities planned for us - most of which are surprises! Many more pics to come, but here are a few for now....
Carson in his precious outfit! Thank you Grandma!



Christmas Eve service at Tallowood...Carson lasted all of about 10 minutes in the service...maybe we'll have better luck next year!
Pa trying to tame the beast at dinner...

The desserts that night...praise the Lord for a mother-in-love that likes to bake...and is good at it!


our punch glasses were laced with coconut...fabulous!

Reading the Christmas story from the family bible
Family pics...
Don't ask...it's a tradition...
Carson quickly shed the overalls....they slowed the man down too much!

After bath time he thought he would play a little on the piano. What talent he has!
Christmas morning my parents came over for breakfast and brought a few of our gifts ear;y (we aren't actually celebrating with them until tomorrow).
Yeah!! My A&M quilt! Boy if this doesn't bring back some memories....
Grandma...the maker of the quilt AND Carson's Christmas Eve outfit. This woman is amazing!
My parents also brought over this gift for Carson...a TOY chest! Thank you! I have sooo been needing a place to hide the ridiculous amounts of toys he has!
Chris and Carson at his parent's house Christmas afternoon...
Jan (mother-in-love) and Ashley (sister-in-love) in their precious aprons! Pardon my prejudice...I was the one that gave them these for Christmas!
Notice my cute Christmas shirt in this picture. Not so cute, huh? It HAD three green Christmas trees on it until Little Man decided that he would dabble in a little clothing designing. After digging the rhinestones out of his mouth and tossing them in the trash, I surmised that my festive clothing must be more durable or suffer the wrath of the child....
Present time!
Carson got this amazing wagon from his Gigi and Pa. I must say, this is like the limousine of all Radio Flyers. Complete with seat belts, cup holders, food tray, etc, this thing has it all!

All in all, we had an amazing Christmas with Chris's parents! We took time to rest today, and we will be Christmas-ing tomorrow with mi familia!
Chris and I got Carson this cute little bubble machine for Christmas and we took him outside today to try it out...
he loved it! Not too bad for a $5.00 toy! Thank you random toy store in the mall that is only open during Christmas...I should have stocked up on these for birthday gifts!

1 comment:

Missy said...

It looks like ya'll had a lot of fun! I LOVE your quilt!