Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I must brag a little...

my grandmother is the most amazing woman ever! I showed her this picture of what I wanted for Carson's Christmas Eve outfit. I refused to pay the outrageous price that Pottery Barn was asking for it, but thought my sweet boy would look so precious in it that night. And while I do have some (and by some, I mean very little) sewing skills, I didn't think I would be able to tackle this knock-off task. Grandma rose to the challenge and did a fabulous job!



Here's the original...




And here's Grandma's version...


Thank you mom for the precious monogramming!



All in all, what would have cost me $40 ended up a whopping $2.50! Yep! The fabric was only $2.50 at good 'ol Wal-Mart. Grandma still has to make the little jacket that goes along with it...I'll post pictures of that when it's finished!


The lesson here? Ladies, learn to sew!!

3 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

LOVE it! So cute. Can't wait to see pics with him in it!

Oh...got your message. Would LOVE to see you next week. How about Tuesday or Thursday? Wanna meet for lunch? Let me know.

Savvy said...

Can't wait to see it on the boy!! Great job Grandma!

Colwell Family said...

Grandma-can I order one? Serously-that is one talented lady! Can't wait to see pictures of your little man all dressed up.