Saturday, February 7, 2009

Good bye Aunt Ashley!

So this week was a little sad for us.  Chris's sister, Ashley, left yesterday for LA.  I can't believe she is actually doing it.  We've talked about it for so long, but today it actually became a reality.  And to be honest...I am a little jealous.  Taking off in your early 20's.  Moving to a town on your own.  Chasing after your dreams of a career in film.  Totally wish I would have had the guts to do something like that.  But in hindsight, I am extremely happy with my wonderful suburban life and thrilled that she is more brave than I could have ever been!

Every Thursday night we watch The Office with Ashley.  For a few reasons.  One, because it's the best show on TV.  Two, because we think the dry sens of humor is priceless.  And three, because we love having a weekly night with her.  We will definitely miss this.  On our last night of The Office, Ashley came over early and brought Carson this.

 
He loves it and he loves her too!

We will miss you so very much but look forward to the day when you are rich and famous and decide that you want to buy me designer clothes and whisk me away to fabulous cities with you.  Seriously, this better happen (grin).

Last night we had the JOY of dropping Carson off at Mimi and Pop's house so Chris and I could have a real date night!  
Carson spent the night at their house and we were thrilled to pass the child over for the evening (this walking thing is about to be the end of me.  The kid is into everything!).  Chris and I had dinner and shopped in the Galleria.  Both my belly and my pocketbook were happy!!  We picked Carson up this afternoon only to find him covered in dirt and smelling like outside.  Mimi says that's the way boys are supposed to smell.  As for me, I like my boy smelling like his Lavender Bath Lotion so I made sure to lather him up tonight before bed.  Hey, I figure he's got plenty of Junior High years ahead of him to smell bad.  For now, I will drench him in the good stuff!

3 comments:

S, J, B, & S said...

So fun!! Good luck to Ashley ... I know she will have the best time!! And ya'll will have a great excuse to visit sunny CA now too! :)

Anonymous said...

I guess these are the things I have to look forward to having a boy! Tell Ashley Lesh and I wish her the best! Wow, that girl is brave! LA???????

dee said...

Hey, we are moving to the Woodlands at the end of the month. Where do you guys live now?