Tuesday, February 17, 2009

SKKYYY DIVING!

Let me begin this post by saying that the following events were not my doing.  Like my mom said...this is what I get for marrying a dare devil!

Since I have known Chris, he has always talked about wanting to go sky diving.  There isn't much that this man won't try at least once, so this desire of his certainly didn't catch me by surprise.  However, never would I have imagined that I would go sky diving with him.  So, for his 30th birthday I gave him two options; he could get an XBox 360 or go sky diving.  I thought for sure this would be an easy answer.  Not many wives want their husbands owning yet another game system, but hey, the man was turning 30.  Upon hearing his options, Chris thought about his decision for all of 10 seconds before he chose sky diving.  And the catch?  He wanted me to go with him.  Shoot!  My plan was backfiring on me!

Because I love him so much (and partly because I am crazy!) I agreed to sky dive with him.  I made the reservations and we headed out there on Valentine's Day.  The weather surely wasn't cooperating and we had to leave and come back on Sunday.  This ended up being a much better day to jump out of a plane...the weather was perfect!  I was still pretty nervous about the whole thing.  I made sure all of the professional sky divers knew that I had a beautiful baby boy at home that I REALLY wanted to see again.  They smiled and nodded at me...I am sure they all thought I was crazy.  Truth is, I think they are the crazy ones!  Who would jump out of a plane for a job?!?

This is Chris and I waiting for our turn....


I paced back in forth in this room for over an hour...the anticipation was too much to handle!

Finally our names were called.  We would be on the next plane.  Oh my gosh!  Was this really happening??

How did I manage to pull of a smile here??

Waiting to take off.


Climbing to 13,800 feet!

This was Chris landing...

And me landing...



I must say....it was the scariest thing I have ever done in my entire life.  Everyone asks "Will you do it again?"  My answer; HECK NO!  Definitely something to check off my list....but not something I want to do again.  Chris, on the other hand, is already planning his next jump.  I'll keep my feet firmly on the ground for now!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

You are a brave woman.

Savvy said...

AARRAGGHHGHHAHHAA!!!!

Anonymous said...

What we do for LOVE!!
Mom x/o

Missy said...

I can not even imagine doing that!!!

Unknown said...

You are a GOOD wife!!!