Tonight marks the end of Carson's week of Birthday fun. I cannot believe this boy is already one. I know all moms must feel the same way, but where did the time go?
Sweet Carson,
Wasn't it yesterday that you slept right next to our bed and wanted to eat all night? Wasn't it yesterday that you snuggled with me on the couch while we watched the morning news? How did you grow so quickly? I watch you now as you run around our house and praise the Lord for your sweet little life. In you, my heart has truly taken on a human form. Watching you is like watching my heart outside of my body. Your dad and I never knew what life was like until we met you. Now you keep us laughing constantly. You are at your best when you are in a crowd. You love to work the room and you are quite the comedian! You giggle at such little things; like the horse we saw outside of the restaurant tonight that you were very unsure about - you laughed mostly out of pure nervousness. Your innocence is precious and your stubbornness is even charming. I know the day will come when your mischievous little grin tests my every nerve, but for today, I am going to cherish it. Dad and I happen to think you are a brilliant baby as well. You can tell us what a cow says, what a dog says, and what a fan says (yes, a ceiling fan - your POPS taught you this so he will be the one to owe you an explanation one day). You also know how to tell us what a birdie says but you would rather just wave your hand in a wing-like fashion instead of saying "tweet tweet". You love it when dad and I quiz you about the sounds you know. You know the order we ask them in and many times you just move to the next sound before we even say the animal name. Like I said, dad and I think you are brilliant! You love life and it shows each morning when I walk in your room to get you out of bed. You flash that toothy smile and reach for me to pick you up, ready to go crawl in bed with daddy and tell him good morning. Your hair is a wreck and many mornings you smell like snot and drool, but dad and I think you are the sweetest boy alive. This is the way it should be and the way it will always be. Though we know there are many long, long days ahead, full of potty training, disciplining, and learning obedience we will think about that tomorrow. For today we will simply be glad for you. Glad for the past year with you. Excited about many more years to come. We love you Carson.
Love,
Mom and Dad
Now a pictorial recap of your birthday!
Mickey Mouse Pancakes for the birthday boy. Hey, mom tried her best!
This was the note you gave me on your birthday! What a sweet letter you wrote me about how you love that I am your mom. I have a feeling that daddy helped you with this. What a great dad he is!

Then we headed to the doctor. Am I a mean mom for making you do this today? Sorry, but the week was crazy busy trying to plan for the party and today was the best day...plus, Mimi got to come with us!

We love that you can put water in this table...then snap the top on it and use it to eat on. Genius!

Fast forward to the par-tay...
Sweet Carson, here is the cake that took me entirely too long to make. Enjoy the picture of it because I am sure you won't remember eating it. And judging by the time it took me to do this, it's very possible that the next cake will be store bought!



Opening gifts was quite chaotic. A new experience for Chris and I. Please tell me it gets better than this! I almost had a mental breakdown due to all the madness!


Carson, you love this Elmo toy. Funny, because you have never seen Elmo on the TV. But child, you love this toy!
















6 comments:
So sad we missed it!!! :( It looks like you all had a wonderful time! You did an amazing job, mama!!! Way to go on the cake!!! Oh, and the present thing, NO...it doesn't get any easier!!! :)
Happy Birthday, Sweet Boy!!!! YAY!!!
We had so so much fun getting to see you guys. Carson is absolutely precious, and yes, he is brilliant. I came home and started reading Addison more books just to try and catch up.....still not interested in what a cow says, but we'll work on it. We really really have to get together again soon. I miss you guys so much.
Hooray Carson!!! Hooray Mom and Dad! We love you Carson and had so much fun! We liked watching you wiggle with Elmo! Oh the sweaty icing pics- love it!
Happy Birthday Carson! We miss and love y'all!
Carson you are such a big boy now!!! It is crazy how fast time flies!! Nathaniel will be there next year as you chase eachother around!! Callie, you were such a great hostess and your inner Martha Stewart was in full force!! You did a fabulous job!
Happy Birthday Carson!!!! I miss hanging out with you girl! Carson's birthday party looked great! His cake was adorable. Hope to hang out soon! :)
Post a Comment