Tuesday, August 25, 2009

City Folk in the Country

Many people may not know this about my father, but he is a bona-fide country man. He loves the country. He loves the slow pace, the fresh air, and the no nonsense mentality. I, however, love the city. I thrive on the fast pace, the smoggy air and the craziness of it all.

This past weekend we decided to head out with my parents to the country. And this is country, y'all! My grandparents live in Gonzales, TX and have been there for 30 years. My grandfather thinks he owns the town, and we had to take Carson to see what it was all about!

First task. Feed the chickens.

Second task. Visit the cattle auction. Carson was amazed!!
By the way, did I mention that dad likes the fresh country air? Yeah, this was NOT fresh!



Third task. Head inside to bid on some cows!
Notice this sign in the picture below. That cow weighed 1,250 pounds!!

Fourth task. Stop by the town's police station so Carson could meet everyone there. I forgot my camera at this point. Too bad!

Final task. Head back to the grandparent's house and play the guitar. My dad's entire side of the family play the guitar. My uncle Charlie (dad's youngest brother) came over to see Carson and they had a great time together. Uncle Charlie was always the uncle that played with us and entertained us during our visits to the country as kids. Some things never change!

I found these pictures today too. This was Carson's first visit to see them. Again, notice we feed the chickens and then play the guitar. Both are required activities in the country!


1 comment:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Is Pops wearing a Nascar hat????