Friday, December 4, 2009

Is this really happening??

Yesterday we had another doctor's appointment and we got amazing (straight from the Lord) news! All along, my doctor has believed that both of our babies are in the same amniotic sac. While we do indeed have identical twins (yea!) it is more common for identicals to be in separate sacs. Either way, my doctor has been very cautious with us, because she believed that our babies would be high risk due to their placement in the womb. Twins in one sac most definitely means that their umbilical cords tangle, and twin to twin transfusion is more prevalent. All this was reason for concern, and to be honest, I have spent too much time worrying about it.

However, all this changed yesterday! We went in and the doctor found TWO amniotic sacs! Praise the Lord! While I know, for so many reasons, that the Lord has a plan for these babies and will keep them safe, it was such a relief to know that they are nice and comfy in their own sacs!

We go back to the doctor again on December 17th. And what happens then???

We find out if they are boys or girls! Since they are identical, they are either two boys or two girls! And oh dear Lord, while I would love to have more healthy, wild, and energetic boys, I would just kill over with joy if these babies are girls! Can you imagine? TWIN IDENTICAL girls?? Oh bless my heart, I might explode!

Here are a few pictures of our babies!

*this is them together. The one on the left is sitting up and looking towards the right. The other baby is hanging out upside down and looking up towards his/her sibling.
They finally got labeled this week! Making his/her first appearance, this is baby Smith A.
And here is baby Smith B!

16 comments:

Maggie said...

So exciting!

Julie Marler (Mammy) said...

Wow Callie! What an exciting time for you and Chris!! Got any "C" names picked out??? I have a whole list if you're interested!!! Do you know that all my grandchildren have "C" names except Lily and Maggie! Cade, Cole, Carson, Chloe, Campbell, and Cash!! Throw that in with Conn and Kelly and we have a whole lot of "kkkkkk" studdering going on!

I am so happy that you got good news from the doctor and I pray that the rest of your pregnancy is "worry-free"!

WOW (again!) Still can't believe you are HAVING TWINS!
MAMMY

Sarah said...

That is such great news that they each have their own sacs! I can't wait to find out what they are!!!

Ashley McWhorter said...

I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!! Oh my goodness! What an amazing miracle!! God is so very good! I love you!!!

Amanda said...

That's great news! I teared up over their precious little pictures. What gifts they are! Can't wait for you to find out what you're having. So fun.

fleur said...

Oh Callie - what a PRECIOUS sight to see those two sweet babies!!! We continue to pray for the health of all three of you and can't wait to find out their sex. Yay yay!!

Ashley said...

Bad idea to read this at work-- I am about to cry!! SO SWEET! My little nieces or nephews :)
Can't wait to see y'all!!

Anonymous said...

OMG I am so glad. I am in love with them already. YAY for the good news.

Karyn Hatch said...

This is so exciting!!! Can't wait to hear what you're having!

The Berg Family said...

The suspense of what one baby's sex is enough to drive me crazy, so I can only imagine how you must be feeling! I am so glad you got good news. God is GOOD!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Callie! I am a the Fetal Center nurse at Texas Children's Hospital, Indentical twins are high risk. Ask your Dr if you can have a MFM consult to target and evaluate your pregnancy for TTTS and other problems that effect indenticals. Please know I am happy to answer and questions or concerns that may arrise....Blessings,
Karen

Anonymous said...

So Sweet! I can't wait to hear pink or blue!

Savvy said...

GREATNESS!!!!!!!!!! Praise the Lord for that blessed news! So excited about Boys or Girls day either way it's perfect!

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful sight! Can't wait to hear next month if you are getting your 2 little girlies!

Anonymous said...

WooHoo!! I am so excited for you and your family. You are truly blessed in many ways. Tell Carson to hold on, life is about to change! Will continue to pray for you and the health of the babies.
Connie

Kim Stroh said...

Hi Callie! I am so glad you fiund me! Twins are awesome! You are in for such a ride. I saw that Karen Moise commented on your blog. They are dearest friends of ours. I would totally agree with her to go see them. You can't be too careful with identicals twins! Anyways...I would love to be any help I can. You can email me at kdhaz@hotmail.com!