On Thursday night we had an event for Moms@Second (pretty much like MOPS) and it turned out great! It was a date night for all the couples. Good food (by Carino's) great dessert (Black Eyed Pea's banana pudding - yum!) wonderful music (my very own dad) and fabulous speakers (Jim/Lisa Mahan and Steve/Bonita Seelig). All this, plus childcare, for $20?! What a steal!! We had approx. 150 people come and the night was a huge success! I must say though, I simply have the best leadership team on the planet! These girls rock!!
Chris and I all dressed up and ready to go!
But wait! Let's take a belly picture!
My best friend, Lesly, and me. She's my hospitality chairman for M@S and she did a great job decorating the room!

Kendra and me. She is my care coordinator. Takes care of all the prayers requests, gifts and giveaways. She is the girl you want to know!! We gave away 2 spa packages, jewelry, free pizza from Double Dave's, free chick-fil-a, etc. that night. And we do this at almost every meeting!! Again, my leadership girls are amazing!

Chris and I ready to greet people at the door!
So after this night, I was wiped out! I planned a surprise for Chris, which of course he figured out, for the next day. My parents kept Carson for the weekend and Chris and I went to Lake Charles, LA and stayed here. I must say. It was awesome!! We are for sure not big gamblers, but we hit the penny slots hard :)! We won absolutely no money, but we didn't really waste much either! The food here was crazy good! The Saturday morning buffet hosted enough food to feed a small country. It was almost sickening! This is the infamous hotel that provided us with the unfortunate brow wax (again, see previous post) but we are choosing to only remember the good parts.
It was oh so nice to get away and just relax. We had no schedule and no computers to distract us. Bliss. The perfect gift for my 31 year old love of my life. Happy Birthday, Chris. Next year, let's skip the brow wax.

7 comments:
Love, Love, Love your hair at the Valentine's Party!!! You look great carrying two babies! I think you need to do this a few more times!! But please, whatever you do - don't let Chris wax those eyebrows again! Poor Baby!! And of course your papa looks great on that stage as always!! Why do we not ever see those people that we love so much! We're going to Garner in July..l think you need to come along with a 2 yr old and 2 newborn little girls! You would have soooo much fun! hmmm...maybe in a few years!!
Love you,
Mammy
Y'all are so fun! Your whole weekend sounded like an absolute blast. And I love that your dad sang for the dinner. Reminds me of my Senior year sitting in the Cy-Creek auditorium while he sang "You've Got a Friend" to us! Fun times!
Great Pics Callie! I love the one of you and your bellie! So can't wait! Love you!
LOVE the red dress!! Very pretty, momma!! :) Praying for those sweet little girls that they continue to grow healthy and strong. Love you!
Love that bump!! You look GREAT!!
Callie, you are so fun and cute!
YAY!! I can see what you look like! I LOVE it!
Miss you guys! Love you
Post a Comment