So what would you do during a week of no TV?
I choose to craft!
Yesterday, I headed to my mom's and designed (I used this term very loosely) some burp cloths for our sweet baby girls. I had so much fun! My mom's craft room would baffles even the best fabric store shoppers. This woman has been buying and collecting girl fabric, tulle, fringe, ribbon, etc. since the day I got married in hopes that one day she would have a granddaughter to sew for. Now she's got two!
I thought I'd help her her ahead of the game, so I pinned all the designs together. My grandma will sew them together this week, then mom will add all the monogramming. It's already taking a village to raise these girls!
Here are my results during my nap time crafting:
And the pink and brown with the tulle at the bottom of these?! Precious! Must remember to use these only on special occasions. I would guess that the tulle looks less appealing when full of spit up.




Mom has also had her hands full making Carson a few new shirts. I picked out these designs for her to monogram for him. See? Boy stuff CAN be cute!

I am lovin' this little cowboy! Carson will be precious in it when we take him to the rodeo next month!

Can I just say how cheap it is to sew for little girls?! The fabric cost me $8 and the pattern was $2. That's $10 for one complete outfit (top and bottom) for both girls! And I can make many many more outfits from this pattern. Can't wait to sew for these babies!
And just so Carson doesn't feel left out, this week I made a major dent in our bank account and purchased his big boy bedding. We're using Chris's bunk beds from childhood, which meant I had to buy two set of bedding. Ouch. That, on top of making bedding for two babies. Four bedding sets to buy in the same month. Ouch Ouch. Good thing my mom bought Carson's bog boy sheets for him for his birthday! Thanks, mom! I think he is going to love the cars and trucks!

All in all, I must say that I have made the most of my time sans TV. I have been productive, but for real. Let's get that bulb people!




9 comments:
holy cow cuteness! I love love those burp cloths! You, your mom, and Grandma need to go in together and get a spot on Etsy.
So what names might your mom be monogramming?
So stinkin' cute!!!!! After baking day, we need a crafting day! :)
Love it! Can't wait to see all of the clothes once they're sewn. I'm gonna start buying fabric and sending it to you...you know, because you have time. JUST KIDDING. lol.
Those are adorable! You should start and etsy store.
I agree, you should start an etsy store. I would buy from you. So cute and super talented!
Love it all! Tell Mimi that Cash needs a cowboy shirt for the rodeo!!! :)
Callie - I know you know this......but you are beyond BLESSED!!! All your new "homesewn" goodies are beyond precious! You are blessed to have such a wonderful husband that provides for you (you know the $$$ to buy the stuff you need to make the stuff!!), you are blessed to have not only a mama but Grandma City that sews AND monograms, you are blessed with a precious little boy and now two precious little girls, and you are most blessed that you walk with the Savior!! Yep, you are BLESSED indeed!
Everything is just tu-tu cute!!! Can't wait to see those baby girls and finally hear the names that I picked out for you!! haha
Mammy
Oh my gosh, you are very very productive without a TV. I would be far too busy whining.
Post a Comment