Sunday, March 7, 2010

Help Needed

***UPDATE***
Just want to say again that the names do not need to start with the letter C. In fact, I would rather them not start with C. The name I am loving right now is Audrey. Any suggestions of names for the other baby? This is so much fun!!

So friends. This is a cry for advice. We need a marriage ref (have you seen that new show??). Chris and I are lost completely and do not know what to name these sweet precious twin baby girls! We can't agree on anything!! Chris has always insisted that our kids all have names that begin with C. I think this is silly, but I agreed to go along with it. Unfortunately, the C names I like, he really doesn't care for. I'm not a fan of "you name one baby, I will name the other." That seems weird to me. They're both our daughters. Plus, if I gave up complete decision making power to him, even just for one girl, there is no telling what that baby's name would be!
So now we are back to square one. We need names! Any ideas? They do not have to start with C and I really don't want them to rhyme. However, they should for sure sound good when said together since they are twins! I definitely lean more towards feminine sounding names. Ones that end in -ly, -ley, -ie, -a, etc. Chris likes names that are more uncommon.
So, here's your chance to help a sista out!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really!! I'm gonna tell them that their mom and dad had to have help naming them, what's up with that? Almost anything is better than
Baby A, Baby B but you might end up with that if you can't ever agree. Maybe Pops and I will just call them what we want - Sweet Pea & Precious Baby Girl! x/o x/o
Carson has the right idea
"Baby Sistars"

Katie said...

For "C" names:

Caroline (traditional-not one you hear a lot right now)
Carrington (a little girl at my school has this name-unusual but girly-and this child is just about the most precious well-behaved young lady I have ever met!)

Good luck! Can't wait to hear what you decide!

Katie (Ehrhardt) Curry

Amanda said...

I've pretty much got nothin'. But I can't wait to come back and see what suggestions you get. Vivienne (Vivi?) and Evelyn (Evie?) are all I can think of. But those might fall into the rhyming category. Good luck!

Sarah said...

Berkeley, Kennedy, Ainsley, Bree

I always loved my sisters name too- Christine

Sara said...

I LOVE girl names!! I adore having a boy, but I SO badly want another girl just so I can name her something precious & girly! My favorites right now are Evelyn & Lucy. And I'm all about asking for help naming kids - I did the same thing almost a year ago! :) Good luck!!

The Berg Family said...

Here are the C names for little girls that I know...

Camdyn
Caroline
Cason (too close to Carson?)
Carly
Caitlyn

Tough call on the C names thing... you really limit your choices to find TWO you LOVE!

Good Luck!

The Berg Family said...

Here are the C names for little girls that I know...

Camdyn
Caroline
Cason (too close to Carson?)
Carly
Caitlyn

Tough call on the C names thing... you really limit your choices to find TWO you LOVE!

Good Luck!

Missy said...

If he picks the letter, you pick the name!

I LOVED the names you had been thinking about. I'll try and brainstorm some others for you

Anonymous said...

Cadence
Camryn
Carrigan
Are great C names.

But I also like
Avery
Grace
Lexie

Anonymous said...

Braley
Connally
Halsey
Harper
Breena
Brinnlyn
Ainsley
Brielle
Cadence
Okay,
these are names that are different but very pretty!

ellispartyof5 said...

ooh I like some of the suggestions above...Ainsely, and Lexi are so cute but I also like Delaney, Addison, Claire, Kayleigh, Haliey, McKenzie, Emerson, Amelia ( Millie),Grace, Sophia, ... this might be stupid but I like the name Tenley (I saw her name on the Batchelor). let me keep thinking. Oh, btw, I personally think its ok if you each pick a name ( as long as the other is ok with it). Of course you know I'm kind of a push over when it comes to naming my children :)It must be hard coming up with 4 names- first and middle for both. I stress out with just one baby! They always turn out looking like their name in the end. Love you guys!

Savvy said...

My votes: Audrey Elizabeth- stop it!
I just love love love the name Kate. Or Cate. I just love it. Or hey-
Audrey Kay and Cate Elizabeth.
Pretty classic.
I still love Caroline too. Precious.
Thanks for asking for our two cents!!! You and Chris will come up with beautiful blessed names I'm sure of it!

Julie Marler (Mammy) said...

Oh Callie! I sent you a forever super long list of the most amazing "C" girl names there are! Can you and Chris not agree on any of them!!???? I think I need to come give you both some "C" counseling! Get the list out and mark out all the names you DO NOT like. Then separately go down copies of the "okay" name list and circle the ones you like but highlight the ones that you LOVE! Hopefully you will both have a few of the same names circled and highlighted. If not - I will come ref for free!
Love you both!
Mammy

Julie Marler (Mammy) said...

But since you asked for favorites - here's mine!
Caroline
Claire
Colbie
Cate
Chloe
Carter
Clarabelle
Corah
Copeland
Cassie

Mammy to Cade,Cole,Carson,Chloe,Campbell,Cash (and our oddballs Lily and Maggie!!)

ellispartyof5 said...

oooh! I love that suggestion of Audrey...so pretty. Or Aubrey might be cute. I do like caroline too! What about Collette? Or...you are going to think I'm so weird but I've always thought Nora Jane would be cute. A little weird but cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Callie this is so awesome that you are letting others play along! What a fun game and a great story to tell your girls one day! So here is my two cents, not that it matters and in no particular order! How fun! Miles and I will be praying for you!
Pam Rohde

Anna and Emma
Gabby and Grace
Kaylee and Kendall
Chloe and Claire
Kaiya and Karissa
Hailey and Hannah
Macey and Maiya
Taylor and Tessa
Josie and Jana
Caelyn and Cassie
Saryn and Saelah
Lucy and Leah

Good Luck! You will have to let the following know when you narrow it down!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love to think of names. You've had lots of really pretty names suggested. Here's mine:
Cassandra (Cassie)
Carissa
Carlie
Claire
Caitlyn (Cate)
Caroline
Cameron or Camryn
Carter
Chloe
Of course you can always go basic with Catherine or Cathy, Candace, Carmen, but those definitely aren't favorites!
Keep us posted on the search.
Connie

Peyton said...

Audrey and Avery!
Avery is my favorite...

Lindsee said...

How about Julie and Julia? No? Ha. Kidding. Although one of those names would be cute.

Another name, what about Alexis?

Isabella or Isabel
Olivia
Madison or Maddie for short
Emma
Hailey
Mackenzie
Kaylee

There's some for thought! These are so fun!

Ashley said...

AH! I am kinda happy to hear this!!!
ASHLEY
OR-- Nichole :)

But I LOVE Audrey, and Camille, and Emma.
I like Hadley too--which I read in a novel and just liked it.

valerie said...

I think Audrey & Ava sound so stinkin' cute together!!

I'm with Ashley though, I love the name Hadley.

just check out those websites i sent you. You can also email the girl on swistlebabynames.blogspot.com; she like comes up with tons of names, she is an expert, check out her blog, too!

YAY for baby girls, cant wait to meet them!

Anonymous said...

Amberly

Anonymous said...

I like Audrey and Abby...Abby is what we are naming our baby girl :)

S, J, B, & S said...

Audrey & Ainsley (or Ansley)
Audrey & Adalie
Audrey & Everley
Audrey & Landry
Audrey & Hadley (love Hadley)
Audrey & Emsley
Audrey & Ellie
Audrey & Emerson
Audrey & Brinley
?????

Can't wait to hear the names!!!

kinsey said...

charlie! i think it's SO cute for a girl, and it starts with a C without the hard C sound :-) audrey and charlie?? maybe even audrey and charlotte and then possibly charlie for short? love charlotte too! obviously i'm way behind on this post (i have clicked on your blog several times off of summer's) so sorry if you've already decided. jealous you are having twins! i want twins so bad! :-)