Thursday, August 19, 2010

Gettin' Big!

This week we have been blessed to have Chris's grandmother come visit. It was her first time to hold her twin great-granddaughters. She was in heaven!
Carson really does love her very much. He doesn't look like it in this picture, but let's face it - he's a two year old.
This week I also switched the girls to bigger bottles because they started taking five ounces! These bottles seem so big to us after having used the smaller ones for so long. I remember making this change with Carson. It was the first time I realized how quickly he was growing up. I even blogged about it here. Crazy.
The girls also had their four month check up this week. FOUR MONTHS! Wow. Saying that makes them seem so much older to me. I would say that it has gone by so quickly, but I would be lying :). The days are super super long, but the months have flown by. How does that happen??
Here they are at the doctor.
Caroline Elizabeth
11 lbs. 6 oz (10th percentile)
23 inches long (10th percentile)
Carleigh Kay
11 lbs. (5th percentile)
22 1/2 inches (5th percentile)
They are still tiny for their age, but they seem so big to us! They did great at the appointment. So good in fact, that daddy and I even snuck over to Pappasito's afterwards for dinner!
Speaking of daddy, he did come with us to the appointment, but this is what he did most of the time. Bless his heart. He took a recent promotion at work and has been keeping ridiculously long hours!! I know he would totally prefer to be home with us, but some one's gotta bring home the bacon :)! Thank you daddy, we love you!!
Today I took the kids up to my mom's work to visit. LOVE the girls' outfits here! They were a gift from a sweet friend of ours. Thank you Mrs. Lisa!!


10 comments:

Kiki said...

I can't believe they are 4 months already! They are so cute.

Lindsee said...

Four months! Crazy. Those flower outfits are too cute for words. Girl, if you ever need someone to help you hold those babies, don't hesitate to call! :)

Ashley McWhorter said...

They are so stinking adorable! Can't wait to get my hands on them again! Yay, for Chris's promotion! Boo, for long work hrs.! Hang in there! You are doing an awesome job! Love you!

Ashley McWhorter said...

Oh, I know they are identical, but I think Caroline totally looks like Carson!

Wendy said...

Oh my Callie- I MUST come see them soon!! When does Carson start MDO and what days does he go? Once Carly starts on the 31st I will just have Zach and we can play :) And I remember the feeling of switching to the bigger bottles as well. They seem ginormous!

Anonymous said...

Ah!!!!! I love those outfits!! I remember them from the shower! They are getting so big. Can't wait to hold them again soon! Love youfriend!

Kelli said...

They are so adorable! I find myself saying I wish I had twins :)

Carson is going to love school this year!!

Savvy said...

What gorgeous girls Callie!

Heather said...

The girls are getting so big Callie! Love these pictures and yay for drinking more from a bottle! They are so cute, what a treat for Chris' grandmother to get to see her great grandbabies!

Ashley said...

i want to hold them!!!