We live in Houston. It's hot here. Not just a little hot. Super. Super. Hot. Too hot for a toddler to be outside and way too hot for babies to be out. This means we have to find ways to stay cool indoors. In other words, Carson destroys my house. It's nonstop picking up toys, cleaning up messes, doing laundry, washing bottles, etc.
Carson starts school next week. Two days a week it will just be me and the girls. I know I will miss my little man so much, but we need this. He needs to play with friends and I need time with just my girls. I've been feeling a little mommy guilt because so much of my time is focused on Carson. Granted, he needs the most attention since he gets himself into the most trouble, but I am missing just sitting and holding my babies while they are still babies. So starting next week I will get 2 days for just me and my girls.
Speaking of Carson, he really has gotten to be so much fun. Two is a fun age. He says the funniest things and we have no idea where he gets them from. He makes us laugh all the time. So much personality. No one would ever argue that he is Chris's son!
As for the girls, they are getting so big! In fact, they are growing so much that they have outgrown their swaddle blankets. They started a "fun" trend of waking up each night at 3 AM screaming. They would wiggle out of their swaddle and scream about it. After a few nights of this, I finally got a brain and decided to get rid of the swaddle. Yes, I could have found another blanket that would have kept them happy, but to be honest, I was tired of the swaddle. It was time for them to be able to fall asleep without it. So on Tuesday of this week we went cold turkey. No swaddle. Words cannot describe what then transpired in my home. Complete chaos. Screaming and wailing for hours on end. I called Chris far too many times at work. I thought I was going to loose my mind. So many times I just wanted to go in their room, swaddle them, and give in. But then I thought about the 3 AM wake up call I knew they would give me, so I stuck to my guns. And guess what? They slept last night from 8 PM to 7 AM. Praise Jesus! They are still having a hard time napping during the day, but as I type this now, they are quiet! I think by the weekend we will for sure have the hang of this.
And for the husband that I love so much?? He recently took a promotion at work (so very proud of him) and has been working really long hours. Last week he had a 14 hour day. Yikes. Guess I didn't realize how much I enjoyed him being able to work from home as often as he did before the promotion. I know things will eventually slow down for him, hope that day comes soon!
And me? I am hanging in there. I seriously don't know what I would do without the fabulous friends and family that I have. Especially my family. What a blessing for my kids to have 2 sets of grandparents that love love love them! Chris's dad spent his day off last Friday with Carson. Came to pick him up for the morning and did all sorts of fun things with him. That was so special for Carson and I am pretty sure his Pa loved it too! My dad came to our house yesterday for lunch and played with Carson, then put him down for a nap. My grandmother came over on Monday and folded all my laundry! Can you believe it? I am so incredibly blessed! Praise the Lord for such gifts!
5 comments:
Preschool starts next week for us and we NEED it, too. :) What days is Carson going? Maybe I can work it out where I can come sit and hang with you and the girls. Oh, and I will fold your laundry and wash your bottles! :)
Yes'm, you are blessed! I know your mama, daddy, and grandma would do ANYTHING for you and I'm pretty sure Chris' parents are just like that!! It is very wise that you want to slow down and spend time with the girls. It just seems like yesterday that you and Ashley
were in 3rd grade catching the bus in front of your house! And now you both are mama's with babies of your own! Don't blink or you'll miss it!
Mammy
Can your Grandma come fold my laundry???
And if you give up on the "no swaddling", there is one called The Woombie (sold online) and it zips so they can't get out of it. It is also looser than the other ones, so it helped with our transition.
What a great update on everyone!
I miss seeing you at Bible Study!
I hope that we run into each other at MDO!
Grayson and Hope start next week and I NEED it. I feel your pain - rinse, wash, repeat on the diapers, bottles, etc while the other 2 destroy, I mean play in doors! You give me hope that if you can do TWO babies, I can do one. :)
Post a Comment