The second night she was with us, her and my mom kept the girls for us while Chris and I enjoyed a night out. Carson was with his Gigi and Pa. We we so incredibly thankful for a quiet dinner together!
Here are the sisters with the sisters:
Before we left for our date that night, I tried to keep Caroline happy in the sling. She was much more entertained with her daddy:

Then during the week, I took Carson up to see my dad at work. Carson loves to go up there and run around on the field. He pretends that he is one of the big boys out there playing. It's really precious to watch, and an added bonus is all the energy that he burns up.





This past weekend we attended the Love & Respect conference at our church. We had dinner with friends before the Friday night session. These were the only pictures I took all weekend.


This week I have been feeling very productive. I started making the girls' baby food. Before you judge too quickly and say Hey Callie, keep it simple and just buy the food, let me explain. I bought baby food last week, with a coupon, and spent about $.49 per jar. When the girls eventually start eating 3 meals a day, they will eat 3 fruits and 2 veggies every day. Times two. That means 10 jars of baby food a day. Times the $.49 = almost $5 per day. Times 30 days a month = $150 on baby food. Wow! Granted, they may eat less than this, but still we are talking about $100 a month on average, for their food.
In comparison, I went to the grocery store and bought the following:
1 sweet potato - $.50
1 acorn squash - $1.50
4 apples - $1
4 pears - $1
Total - $4.00
Then I came home and opened this








7 comments:
Uh....Hello.....Is this really Callie Gordon...er, I mean...Callie Gordon Smith???!!! Making her own baby food and sewing little girls dresses! Weren't you bestie's with Ashley Marler McWhorter growing up????!!!! Can you teach her some of this?? I bought her a sewing machine about 6 yrs ago (before Lily was born) and she's NEVER used it!! But she is cooking a little more these days. Her mama used to make ALL her baby food too and sewed for her ALL the time! Where did I fail???? But she's the BEST mama and wifey!! But maybe you can talk her into the sewing!! I know....the two of you can get together with your sewing machines and let ALL the kids play while you sew!!!! That oughta work - right???!!!!
Love you sweet Callie!
Mammy
P.S. Good to see Alice again! She hasn't changed a bit!
I totally cooked all of Emerson's meals until she turned one... ARE YOU SHOCKED?!?!? Jackson was the beneficiary until 9 or 10 months of age... My favorite books are Annabelle Karmel. The purees one is the best. REAL small and totally useful. Who knew avocado and plain yogurt is great for babies and soooo easy to make! Maybe I will have to bring you some baby gifts... wink wink.- kb
That was the baby food maker I was going to register for. Glad to see you like it!!!! Someday........and by the way the kids are adorable. Can't wait to see those Halloween dresses on the girls!
You are my hero! Sewing and making baby food! Maybe with the next baby I will get my act together and do that.
You A.M.A.Z.E. me!!!
sooo awesome! i love this update super momma. we have those same baby food trays. i never thought i would make my kids food but once you realize how easy and cheap it is there's no turning back:)
I am super inspired by your food making and sewing.
That machine makes it look SO easy to make the food!
And I love that you are rocking your sling. It makes me super excited!
Post a Comment