And here he is in his classroom. He wasn't too excited at this point, but I was still holding out hope!
Finally he found the puzzles and seemed to settle in. We were there for about 30 minutes, but the rest of the day he told me all about what he had done. He told me about his teachers, and his friends, and the toys. I was beginning to think he would take after me and love school just like I do!
But then Friday morning came, and it was time to get up, get dressed and go to our first day of school. And we woke up like this:
However, daddy went into the office late that day to ride with us. I was very glad to have the extra set of hands. We made it to the classroom. Of course I brought my camera along and had visions of the sweet little family picture we would take together in Carson's class. It was going to make such a cute blog post. I knew we could do it.


But he walked in the door, gave his teachers their little gifts (because I know how much a teacher likes gifts!) and then he had to wash his hands?!? Apparently it's some kind of licensing thing the school must do. I think it's weird, but then again, I am far far far from a germ-a-phobe, just don't have time to worry about germs...


So he washes his hands, and things are great. Chris and I are preparing for the cute family picture. Carson notices other parents leaving their kids. Kids start crying. Carson looks around and then he starts crying. Oh come on now! What about my picture :)?! Kidding, kind of! I tried calming him down and explained to him that I would be back to pick him up, but he wasn't having it. He broke down and cried. Chris and I had to make an exit. Sad, sad. I hated leaving him there while he was crying, but I knew he would love it and be fine. Chris and I headed to the car. I had pictured this day for a few weeks by now. How would I feel sending my first child off to MDO? Would I cry? Would I be sad? I kind of thought I would, but I really wasn't. Maybe because I still had two more babies that were waiting for me at home (with my grandma, not alone people!) that would occupy most of my day. So no, I wasn't sad! I was excited to have a day with just me and my girls. Carson had me to himself when he was their age. Plus, they already have to share me with each other considering that they are twins. I think we deserve a girls day twice a week. So no, I wasn't sad. Here is proof:

Can I just add a side note here? At meet the teacher day, Carson was given some "homework". He was supposed to make a book about himself to bring back on the first day. Come on now. We all know that HE can't make a book. No way, no how, am I giving this kid glue! However, I was determined to involve him in the process, so he sat with me to pick out the pictures for his book. Then, I thought, when all the kids went to bed I would quickly glue them all on the little green book. But alas, my love of scrap booking came into play and I couldn't handle just slapping them on the page. I had to arrange them the right way and add a few more pictures that Carson had clearly left out (ha!). Anyway, this little project took me way too long to do.
I need to get a grip.
Here's proof:
It doesn't look like much, but y'all, this took me forever to finish! I'm so lame! In fact, here I am telling myself to get a grip:
And I'm out....






7 comments:
All I an say is......"You crack me up!!"
Carson will get better - then he'll go through another stage and get worse - then he'll go through another stage and he'll get better again - then he'll go......you get the picture!
Then they eventually grow up and never cry when you leave them. In fact, they say, "mom, aren't you ever going to leave!!!" ha!
Mammy
Ha, Ha, Ha! I probably woulld have done the same thing Callie. It is too cute!
You crack me up. I am impressed you had the energy to do Carson's homework. miss you friend.
The whole washing the hands thing gets on my nerves, too. I mean, come on! Love that you did Carson's h.w. I have totally done the same thing. Shhhhh! :) Oh, and I LOVE the pose with the hands in his pockets. Hilarious!!!!!
Girl, you are so real! I love this post and your honesty. You're such a great Mommy :)
You are too funny! And that picture of Carson with his hands in his pockets reminds me of Chris in college. Not sure why, but I looked at it and immediately thought of Chris at Howard Payne!
So glad he loved school!
Where did you order his nap mat from?
Post a Comment