Saturday, November 20, 2010

Gettin' our craft on

This past Thursday night was perfect in so many ways. A night out with girls, using our creative talents, eating delicious food, laughing and talking till way past our bed times. It was perfect I tell ya!
What I love so much about this night is that a year a go I didn't even know most of these girls. With the exception of Ashley and Missy, every other one of these fabulous ladies I have met through this blog. And it's crazy how much we all have in common and how well we all get along. I love these girls.
Heather was our hostess for the evening and you guys, this girl knows how to decorate for Christmas! Her house was beautiful! We ate a delicious dinner and then made two Christmas crafts; adorable Christmas ornaments for our children and families, and a yummy sugar scrub for someone special.

Here is a photo recap of our evening. Let me preface this by saying that every one of these pictures are hijacked from either Ashley or Missy's blogs because a) they take better pictures than I do and b) I am too lazy to hook my camera up to this computer and download mine. Either way, they get the editorial credit here, not me.
Here we all are!
Don't you love friends that you can be real with? These girls get it. They know life is tough. They don't pretend like everything is perfect. But they all acknowledge that our God is perfect. They know just how to encourage and listen. The girls are legit friends.
Me, Heather and Ashley

Annalee and Ashley.
Oh Annalee, you are a doll. I loved sitting and talking with you at dinner! And look how productive you were during craft night!

Ashley and Me. We've been friends for almost 25 years. She is not like a sister to me, she is my sister. You wanna know something about me? Anything? Ask her, she will know. We'll be friends for life. Love this girl.
Workin' hard for the money. Ok, so maybe not for the money, and maybe not really working. Either way...
The sugar scrub jars. These were my contribution to craft night. They turned out pretty cute, right??
Heather and Me. She was a fabulous hostess!
Me, Heather and Ashley.
Gettin' crafty!


Girls, thank you for such a fun night. Let's do it again soon!!

9 comments:

Heather said...

Love it Callie!! Your one hot momma, I don't think you take a bad picture! Thanks for coming and thanks for the awesome craft you brought!! Love it!!
It was a great night and I had so much fun!!

Missy said...

Fun, fun, fun. But why in the world did we not get a picture together??? Guess we'll have to take one on our next car ride. :)

Ashley McWhorter said...

Such a fun night! Thanks for sharing your fun craft with us! :) Love you!

Jaclyn said...

so happy i got to meet you!!! I had a great time, and i love your sweet pics!

Jennifer said...

Looks like so much fun!

annalee said...

YOU are AWESOME! i've been gushing about what fun crafts we got to do ever since. thank you for sharing your cricut and your FUN enthusiasm. i LOVE talking with you!

Tabaitha said...

Love your blog and the idea of craft night. Girl friends are like sisters. Small world, I've known Kelli since High School. Love the pictures.

Kelli said...

Callie - I love you to pieces.

You inspire me, make me laugh and smile, and encourage me to be a better mama, wife, and crafter! :)

I didn't know how fast I would come to love our friendship the first time I met you in the car this summer.

You ROCK!

And wow that is one big belly I am carrying.

Lindsee said...

I LOVED this night so much! I just love hanging with y'all. It's refreshing in so many ways!