Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Valentine's!

We really did do some fun things for Valentine's around here. Problem is that all the pictures are on my cell phone and I haven't uploaded them. So I'll share this:
Carson and I made heart shaped suckers for his friends. We used left over Christmas candy canes and put them together like hearts.
Despite the look on his face, he actually did like doing this!
We baked them in the oven for a few minutes, then put a stick on them, "smushed" the pieces together, let them cool, then pour in white chocolate and decorate with sprinkles!
But be careful, if you bake them too long, they end up looking like this!
We wrapped them up, tied them with a bow, and attached Valentine's to them. An easy and fun project! But first, we had to test them out and make sure they tasted okay.

Yep! They were perfect!

We also went to a V-day play date with some friends from church. Check out these cup cakes - they were delicious! (my friend Kendra makes and sells them!)
We decorated treat bags and the kids exchanged cards.
Carson and I had a great time!
Unfortunately, Caroline came down with the flu so the girls had to skip the party and stay home. But no worries, Mimi still made them Valentine's dresses and we made sure they got to wear them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah! So fun! Email me the picture of Nathaniel and I please. You look so pretty in that picture with CArson.

Skoglund said...

Such a cute idea with the candy canes!!

Missy said...

So fun! Love the suckers, Love the dresses!!!!! Can't wait to hear what baby #4 will be!!!!!!