Carson played with us too, but sometimes he snuck off into the bathroom to cause trouble {ahem!} I mean "brush his teeth".


The second night we were there we decided to do a quick dinner at the local Chick-fil-a and then take the kids to ride rides. Such a sad night because as soon as we pulled up to eat, Taylor got out of the car and threw up everywhere. Bless her heart. She suffered through dinner, but then they decided to take her back to the condo to rest. They insisted that we go ahead with our plans and meet up with them later. Carson was very sad Taylor didn't join us for the rest of the evening, but we promised him we would come back the next night with them.
Carson and daddy waiting to ride go carts. This was Carson's first time to do this and I was a little unsure about how he would do. He was very excited at first...





The girls and I stood on the sidelines and cheered the boys on.
After the ride, Carson was very excited! He told me "Mom, riding go carts is just something only boys can do!" So glad that he and Chris got to do this together!


Next, we headed over to the second go cart course they had. I was very nervous about this one because it looked like this:
I actually rode this the last time we were in GS and remembered the carts going very fast. I warned Chris to be very careful. If you know my husband at all, you can imagine him giving me the "oh please!" look.
Carson loved loved loved this one! Him and Chris broke the rules (shocker, I know) and bumped into other cars which made Carson laugh. He also got to have his own steering wheel so he was pretty much convinced that he drove and daddy just rode alongside him.
You should have seen the swagger this kid had after getting off the ride! Such a fun memory!

You should have seen the swagger this kid had after getting off the ride! Such a fun memory!

The girls, on the other hand, were SO OVER all this go carting!
So we moved inside to the arcade. Carson headed straight to the game with the guns. What is it about little boys and guns?? We don't have a single toy gun in our house, but whenever we are out somewhere it's the first thing he wants to play with!


I told Chris when we got in the car that night that this one adventure made this entire trip worth it. Carson had a blast and Chris got to be with his little boy. It made my heart happy.
Each day, after leaving the beach, Carson would ask to go to the indoor pool. He thought it was so cool that there was a pool inside! So we'd make a quick stop there and let the kids play. Carson loved it, but the girls weren't so crazy about it. We let them wear their cover-ups and watch brother splash around.

After so much swimming, the kids would be worn out and so very hungry. We'd rush upstairs and feed everyone lunch. Let me pause here and say, just for the record, that my kids are messy eaters.

After so much swimming, the kids would be worn out and so very hungry. We'd rush upstairs and feed everyone lunch. Let me pause here and say, just for the record, that my kids are messy eaters.
I have proof:
Seriously? So messy!! But they love to feed themselves so what the heck, I just let them. It makes life easier.
Stay tuned...more Gulf Shores to come...



















2 comments:
Messy eating is awesome... just my professional opinion!! No sensory issues going on there! :)
all boys love guns - I'm convinced it is genetic. I finally decided I could give him play ones and teach him about them or he was going to use whatever he could find to make one! Looks like a blast - love the boys together. Of course, the twins in matching suits is precious.
Post a Comment