Saturday, May 21, 2011

Gulf Shores Part Two

Day 2 at the beach was fantastic! This was actually the only day that all 9 of us made it out to the beach together for an extended period of time. Carson and Taylor loved it!
And Chris took Carson out on a boogie board and let him ride the waves. He actually fell off once but it didn't scare him, he did great!

The girls and I hung out under the beach tent. (I was slightly paranoid about the getting sunburned)
I could eat them up in these strawberry swimsuits!
Chris played the dutiful role of the parent that builds sand castles. This might have been the moment that begun Taylor's major crush on him. It was pretty sweet. She would randomly come up to him and give him hugs and kisses and was always asking where he was. I must admit, she has pretty good taste!!

Carson loved to be at the pool too, although when the water got a little too chilly we would sit in the sun to warm up.
We all headed back to the condo for afternoon naps. That evening we packed everyone up and went to eat at The Hangout. If you visit GS you must go here. The food is okay, nothing fabulous, but the play area and activities for kids is worth the trip!
The only picture I got of Sarah and I during the trip. We were too busy being mamas.

After dinner we took the kids outside to play in the sand at the restaurant. See? Great for kids, right?
I love this picture because you can see how little the girls really are!




Then, we walked over to the little area that had live music (still on the restaurant property). The kids danced and laughed!



Right before we left, they fired up the foam machine and the kids played in the bubbles.
They were definitely a little hesitant at first...
But then they ran right in! That's Carson tucked in among the bubbles.



After drying the kids off, we grabbed a sno cone for the road and walked back to the condo. We quickly put all the kids to bed and then reconvened out on the patio. There's really nothing better than a cool night, the ocean, and great friends!

2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Those strawberry swimsuits are adorable! I've always wanted to go to Gulf Shores so I'm loving your posts! So glad y'all had a good time!

Anonymous said...

That foam machine looks so cool!