Thursday, July 21, 2011

Changes

With baby #4 coming in just 13 days, we've been checking things off the to-do list.  Most importantly, we had to switch around car seats.  Have I mentioned how much I hate care seats?!  I hate how expensive they are, how cumbersome they are and how nasty they get!  However, I do love that they keep my kids safe in the car, so I deal with them.
Carson got a new car seat.  Carleigh took a liking to it.
We took the girls out of their infant carriers and put them in a rear facing car seat.  Yes, they are still rear facing.  Yes, they only weigh 16 pounds and are 15 months old.  Yes, they sit in the 3rd row of the car.  And yes, we have to load them from the back of the car.  Yes, this is a pain.  No, I cannot do it.  My belly is too big.  Don't judge.

Sad day for Chris.  He lost his study in our house.  He does actually work from home, but with 4 kids, daddy got demoted to a corner office in the master bedroom.  A few weeks ago we painted his study and then it sat in this state for about another week (or maybe two).
But I finally made some progress.
We covered the french doors with drapes and I found the perfect place to hang the girls' coming home from the hospital dress, which just happened to be my baby dresses.  Here they are modeling them.
I also had to change up the bathroom a little to make room for baby #4.
I like how it turned out.
I've also been working on the baby's nursery and Carson's room.  I'll post pictures of those soon enough.
And just to answer your question.  No, we still don't have a name for the baby.  We decided we'll wait until meet her.  Then we'll decide.  Not because we're trying to be secretive or anything.  It's just because I'm tired of making decisions, and that's one that I can procrastinate on :).



3 comments:

Missy said...

Honey, Walker's office varies between Ike's room and our bathroom floor.

Poor Daddies.

Anonymous said...

Yay for fun new changes!

Ashley McWhorter said...

Love the towel hook idea! Too cute!!!