Sunday, November 20, 2011

Rewind.

A few weeks ago, we celebrated my 33rd birthday.  I was a little frustrated with Chris.  You see, he told me I was turning 32.  I'm terrible at math, so naturally I believed him.  Until my birthday rolled around and we both realized that I was turning 33.  That stinks.  But, he made it up to me.  He took me to a fabulous hotel here called the Houstonian.  We got in touch with some friends of ours that have the "hook up" and they scored us a night in this room:









It was incredible!
We spent the next morning relaxing at the spa as well.  We had to cut our time short due to the loss of my grandfather but the night away was so very nice!

And that's not all.  Chris gave me $$ to spend on a shopping trip. 
And then, the best of all, he gave me the new iPhone 4S!  I was shocked!!!!!

I had to wait a few weeks for it to come in the mail, but it has been so worth the wait!  My favorite feature has got to be the HD video camera and awesome digital camera (oh yeah, and Siri too!).  I have had too much fun playing with the camera.  So, indulge me while I show off a few totally random pictures of things we do around here...

Sometimes we eat apples for dinner :)

And sometimes we go to the dr. for strep tests.  This becomes necessary when mommy has strep - boo.
We love to lay next to baby sister.
We can all pile into the jeep to go for a ride.
We decide to get crafty and make the little man a tie for family pics.
We play guitars with Mrs. Emily (we love her!!)
We put up our Christmas tree at the beginning of November.
We smile a LOT.
And we let Carson have a little tree in his room {let's take bets on how long this lasts!}
We survived the dreaded family pictures, and actually got some really great shots of the 6 of us!
We sit on daddy's lap and look at old family videos.
We make ornaments for an upcoming party
On our EIGHTH anniversary night we order pizza and eat with our kids.  It's way better than any fancy food place for sure!
See?  We really did decorate for Christmas!
We Mrs. Emily makes our advent calender.  Again, we love her!
We decorate the tree!
And to think all those pictures were taken with my new phone.  I think I might ditch the 'ole digital camera and stick with the phone!!

1 comment:

Skoglund5 said...

That place looks amazing, and that does take great pics!