Yes, I realize that it is almost December. And yes, my house is already completely decorated for Christmas. But oh my word, where did October and November go?! Don't get me wrong, I am super super excited about this Christmas with our kids. It will be the first year that Carson really gets into it and I can't wait! But for now, stick with me while I recap a little bit of our Fall.
Emily and I decided to let the kids carve a pumpkin one day. They I did a great job. They were interested for all of about 10 minutes.
Thanks to Emily for taking these pictures. Makes it kinda seem like this activity took an entire morning. Don't be fooled. It didn't last long.
Ok, I am realizing it now - my girls need a haircut. But geez, I get so emotional just thinking about cutting their hair! Maybe I can conquer that fear soon.
I saw an idea on Pinterest and thought we'd try the cookie cutter/hammer way of carving a pumpkin. This worked great until Carson got a little too ambitious and punched a huge hole in the pumpkin. Oh well.
Our pumpkin had no face, no eyes, no mouth. Just a bunch of cookie cutter shapes.
It was awesome.
We also went to a little pumpkin patch near our house. It was small and family owned. There were no crowds and the kids had a great time!
A tractor picked us up at our car and we took a hay ride to the patch - fun!
Let me just say - I made these dresses for the girls last October. Yes, they can still wear them. I love it!
Croline was way into feeding the animals. Carleigh, not so much.
See? Here's Caroline:
Aaaand, here's Carleigh :)!
Carson threw a total fit when I tried to dress him that morning. We made a compromise - he could wear the cowboy hat and shorts - which was what he wanted, but he HAD to wear a Halloween shirt - which was what mama wanted :).
Sweet Caroline.
Carleigh getting a little brave. Until the cow mooed at her. Then she cried.


Again, Caroline had no fear around the animals. She walked right up to this horse to pet it.
Fast forward a few weeks - and now we are at Halloween.
We went to my parent's neighborhood to trick or treat and it was
tons of fun!




And now we're done with October! Whew, it feels good to get all that posted. Now maybe my posts will be more current!






























3 comments:
NOOOO!!!! Don't cut their hair! Just keep pulling it back in a bow. If I remember correctly, MiMi wouldn't let you cut your hair until after senior pics! HAHA!!
Ha! I can't believe Ashley just wrote that!! I promise I was thinking the exact same thing as I read down your post!! I remember the "Callie haircut" was a major drama for your mama!! I'm with Ashley....don't cut!! But when they get to high school - let them choose :-}
Love all your pics!!! Precious family you have been blessed with!!
I realize this was a looong time ago but still laughed and even got a little teary. Thank you for sharing your sweet family with us!
Post a Comment