Monday, August 13, 2012

A penny {and a few minutes} for my thoughts

- things have been crazy around here lately.  Our house is on the market, and we are building a new one.  We've had 30 showings.  That means 30 times of packing up all 4 of my kids and getting out of the house.  I'm about to go insane.  We had 2 offers last Friday, but both of them fell through.

- We are trusting the Lord right now for some big things.  We are praying expectantly, and hoping in his plan for our family.

- We took a family vacation with my parents a few weeks ago to an amazing lake in Arkansas.  I still need to blog about that.

- Last week, Cami turned one.  I can hardly believe it.  I had an amazing local photographer do her portraits and they turned out to be amazing!  I will share them soon!

- August is proving to be very hot and very long!  The kids start back to school in September, I am ready for a routine!

- The same weekend that Cami turned 1, I left for a short girls trip.  It was amazing.  I don't mean to brag, but I have incredible friends.  I need to blog about this trip too.  Thankfully, my friends are much more on the ball than I am, and one of them already blogged about the trip here.

- Back in 2011, I wrote this post.  It's traveled the internet via Pinterest and boy, have I gotten some interesting comments.  If anyone reads my blog at all, you will notice that I have FOUR small children. So yes, I am so glad that you like my meal planning post, but no, I will not make you a master grocery list; you can do that yourself.  I will not divide the recipes in 1/2 for your family; bust out your handy calculator people!  And I will not show you my receipts to prove how much I spent; if you think I am lying then that's your problem.  Really?!?  I would love to be able to answer each question and help each woman/man do the same thing for his/her family, but like I said before, I have my own family to manage.  Ok, off my soap box now...

- However, I DO plan on doing another meal planning post soon!  So if you are looking for that sort of thing, keep checking back.

- My brother and sister in law recently adopted THE most precious baby boy ever.  I got to meet him this past weekend.  I am in love.  You can read about him here.

And my time is up.  That was fun.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for sharing your hints on meal planning. I am determined to be organized when the kids get back to school. As I read through your recent post, I laughed when it came to the meal planning post. I can only imagine! Looking forward to your next meal hint post.

Ashley McWhorter said...

I love you! :)

Stephanie @ Steph Cooks said...

I was shaking my head at some comments on that post. It was fantastic as is - people should do their own legwork to get the details they need to make it happen for them.

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your now famous post on meal planning for the month! I'm very impressed and trying that for my family of 5 this month! I'm just glancing at your posts but I've enjoyed everything so far! I just moved from Houston to Kansas City, so I'm struggling with leaving behind my beloved HEB and finding a decent grocery store! Excited to read more!

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

ha. i just read that post and i loved it. haters gonna hate. silly people want someone else to do all their work for them!

kim91262 said...

ok. i've visited your meal planning post a couple of times and i think it's amazing all the details you posted. i CAN NOT believe people are asking you for receipts, master list or to adjust the recipe! a master list, really?

Cheyenne said...

I just started reading your blog (thanks to pinterest) and when I saw this post I kind of freaked out... such a small world! I am really good friends with the birth mother of your brother/sister in laws new addition to their family. Small small world!! I also think your monthly meal planning is great! Thank you for taking time out of your day to make it.