Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Dreams of Maui

In just five short days Chris and I will be on a plane headed to the beautiful island of Maui...without our son! Yes, that's right, we will not be taking Carson with us. Our parents have so graciously offered to babysit for us while we are gone, and they are even going to stay at our house! What a blessing they are!

For all of you out there thinking that we are poor parents for leaving our 4 week old to go on vacation, you should know that this trip is paid for and is something that Chris won at work. I must brag on him for a minute because he is such a hard worker and probably the next looking Xerox salesman this side of the Mississippi (don't ask me why the Mississippi, it just sounded good). As a reward for selling 170% of his quota last year Chris qualified for the President's Club trip. And he gets to take a guest; ME! I have definitely had mixed emotions about leaving Carson and traveling across the ocean, but recently during the 2 AM feedings I find myself longing for the white sand and warm beaches! Most of all I will look forward to some quality time with the husband. I promise to post pictures from the trip when we return, but I can't promise that any of you will see a pic of me in a swimsuit. I mean let's be honest. What girl, having just had a baby 3 weeks ago, wants to bet into a spandex bathing suit?! NOT ME! But I will take one for the team and just pretend that I've shed all the pregnancy pounds - ha!

A view of our hotel...


And another view...

4 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

You go, girl, and enjoy EVERY moment!!! Love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! I hope you have a marvelous time :0)

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Hey Callie! I linked to your blog through Ashley's and wanted to say "Congratulations" on your son. He is so adorable! I know that we haven't seen each other in a long time, but I just wanted to tell you how happy I am to see the way that the Lord has blessed your life! You have a beautiful family!

The Berg Family said...

The great thing about it is that he will never remember you left. When they near the age of 2 they know you are gone and they think you may not come back! Have fun and SLEEP LATE!!!!!!!!!!!! (P.S> Yes we are expecting in October. Will find out next week what it is. So excited, but exhausted!)