Things have been pretty boring around our house lately. It seems like we have fallen into some sort of routine. Carson routinely eats, sleeps, and poops. Yes, I know, it's highly exciting around here! I was sure that life as a stay-at-home-mom would be full of play dates and afternoon activities that were fabulously fun, but that is definitely not the case around here (although I have heard that things will "get better" and we will be able to get out more).
Before having a baby Chris and I were always on the go...and we loved it! This little boy has definitely changed that! By 10 AM yesterday morning I had already changed 8 dirty diapers, put 2 new outfits on him (due to the dirty diapers) and had spit up all over me. I didn't brush my teeth or shower until 5 pm, and somehow managed to scarf down a PB&J sandwich for lunch - glamorous, I know. These were the thoughts running through my head last night as I finally got into bed, knowing full well that I would be up again in 2 hours. This is not what I thought being a mom would be like.
But then...then I get up with my sweet, precious baby at 2 AM to feed him and I can barely see straight. Every part of me wants to stay in bed. But then...then I sit down with him and he looks me straight in the eyes and I fall completely in love with him all over again. He makes all the sleepless nights and shower-less days worth it. He is every bit of what I thought being a mom would be like. We are completely in love with him. He is our joy. He is our son.
A few pictures for the grandparents...
My dad's secretary at work gave Carson this sweet little outfit (thanks Mimi!). I am sure if it is up to his Pops, Carson is going to be a basketball star!
I took this video yesterday of Chris and Carson. Chris comes home everyday and wants to wake Carson up from his nap and play with him. Of course I won't let him. But yesterday Carson woke up early so dad got some extra play time in. Notice Chris' comments about Carson - this type of conversation is a daily occurrence in our home...
4 comments:
Girl, it will get better, I promise! I'm not sure glamorous and stay at home mom should ever be used int he same sentence! And PB&J is a staple in my diet- not so glamorous. Carson is getting so big. We need to get together soon.
Like Sarah said, it WILL get better. I cried everyday, all day, when Lily was born. I kept telling Conn, "What have we've done?" "Why did we do this?" We of course laugh about it now, 4 years later! :o) Hang in there. And, what worked for us the best, was put them on OUR schedule. That worked wonders for our life. If we were out, I fed them wherever we were and they slept wherever they were. They became soooooo flexible and life was so much easier. We didn't feel so tied down to the house and stuff. We could still live our life, just now we had an extra one in tow! :) Come out to The Woodlands and we can hang out and go to Market Street or the mall. Love you!!!
Welcome back to the real world! Don't you LOVE LOVE LOVE the perks of Corporate America. Michael says my trips are like lavish frat parties. Well girl, I would always think during those mid-night feedings that some day they won't need me this much so enjoy it while it lasts. I know we haven't had #2 yet, but I am already thinking about #3!!! I LOVE the babies!!!!
Hi Callie! Christina has kept me up-to-date on your life, but I thought I would check it out myself...Your baby is ADORABLE! I will echo what Sarah said...PB&J is also a staple for me. I am just getting into "play dates" and Avery is 5 months old. It is hard to adjust to little ones and to get stuff done. When people ask me what I do all day I struggle to answer because I doesn't seem like much, BUT IT IS! One of my other friends told me this: Cherish those 2am feedings because they WILL be gone eventually and as weird as it may seem, you WILL miss that time with your baby. That is true!
Post a Comment