Friday, April 4, 2008

Happy Thursday!

When I was first put on bed rest during the pregnancy Chris instituted a new thing in our family. Happy Thursdays (of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) were started to help cheer me up. Chris would leave the house to get coffee in the mornings (his one addiction) and would come home with a surprise for me. This was such a spirit lifter for me since I was stuck in the house for 4 months.

After Carson was born I was thrilled to be off bed rest and dreamed about the days I could get out of the house and see other people, and have adult conversations. I thought for sure that day would come sooner rather than later. Oh how wrong I was. Having a newborn that eats every 3 hours (sometimes every 2) and take an HOUR to nurse is almost as restricting as the bed rest was! Don't get me wrong, I am definitely not complaining, but it would be nice to get out of the house every now and then :).

All that to say, Chris recognized my frustration with staring at the same 4 walls for the past 3 weeks and he came back from his coffee run yesterday with a Happy Thursday gift. I got a dozen white roses and a light caramel frappaccino - can I get an AMEN??

Praise the Lord for a husband that loves me and is attentive to my needs (but mostly my wants). Chris is my best friend and is proving to be the best father ever. I am definitely blessed to have him!

Notice the empty Starbucks cup - I definitely didn't have a problem finishing it off!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Nursing is like a full time job - a hard one at that! It will get more flexible once he can eat some solids. I was amazed by the freedom that gave me to go places. You're doing a great job!

Ashley McWhorter said...

Hang in there!!! It will get easier. And, PUMP, GIRL, PUMP!!!! :) It will literally save your life and your sanity! Call me! :)

The Berg Family said...

CALLIE! Your a mom!! I can't wait to check back at your blog and see all of Carson's milestones. SO CUTE!!!! I finally created one myself... ilovethebergs.blogspot.com
I didn't really pump until 3 months bc I didn't have the time, she was always eating! Start early and it will become easier. PS. I need your email address.