**UPDATE**
Since several of you have mentioned it I thought I would add that my dad's next "gig" at Santa Fe Flats will be Thursday, July 17th. If you're in the Nortwest Houston area stop by and see him on the patio...oh yeah, and the food there is good too! If you have no idea what I am talking about, and you think I have lost my mind, simply read below...
Ok, so this post has absolutely nothing to do with the 4th of July. My how times have changed since our last 4th of July. Chris said this weekend, I can't believe we have no where to go. No party to go to. No party to host, just a baby! Yep! This time last year we would have been going non-stop, but this weekend we decided to just stay home and enjoy the time with our boy.
Here's how we've been spendin' our TIME...
1. Tummy Time!
It starts out okay...
Then I get a look like this...
Then a loud noise that looks like this...

I do have to say that Carson is getting much better during tummy time. He can now tolerate about 5 minutes on the belly. After that it's all down hill and the boy is looking for someone to hurt! He gets mad!
2. Mimi Time!
My mom came over this week to help me clean (praise the Lord) and to keep Carson for a little while so Chris and I could get out of the house alone (a serious thank you!)
3. New Clothes Time!
Carson is quickly out growing his 0-3 month clothes so we are movin' the boy up! I was so excited to put this outfit on him. Chris and I took a vacation to Jackson Hole, WY not long before Carson was born. We had just found out that the baby was a boy and I was determined to buy him something on the trip. I found this precious onesie that says "Duck, Duck, Moose" and I love it! So crazy to think about that day we bought it for him. Chris and i standing in the store trying to decide which one to get and now Carson can wear the outfit. Oh we love this baby!


4. Singing Time!
So my dad plays music at this neat place (here) on Thursday nights so we decided to take a trip out to see him. My mom made Carson this precious outfit for our Gulf Shores vacation, but I just had to dress him in it early!
Dad singing at the restaurant
5. New Toys Time!
We thought it would be a good time to break out a new toy for the boy. Chris put together Carson's jumperoo and it was definitely a success! Carson loves it!
My sweet cousin Keith and his wife Cheryl came in town and met Carson for the first time. They have two adorable kids, Jonathan and Julieann. Carson was mesmerized by the two older kids. He just stared at them!
Jonathan found the loot in Carson's room! *Notice the suitcase in the background. Yes, people, that is for our upcoming Gulf Shores vacation. I began to get stressed about forgetting things, so I just got out the suitcase and started packing. We don't even leave until Tuesday. Yes, I know I have issues!
7 comments:
Callie,
Carson is so cute! I think he is starting to look like Chris! I hope y'all have an awesome time in Gulf Shores. I'm so jealous, I wish you could pack me in your suitcase!
Ohhhhhh....my girls lived in the Jumparoo!!!!! You're going to love it!!!!
When you get back in town, Conn and I want to meet up with y'all when your dad is singing. Alrighty?! Talk with you soon! Love you!!!!
Hope you have a great time in Gulf Shores. We have been having a lot of pop-up showers, but they don't last long. There are lots of suggestions for things to do and restaurant reviews, etc,even a packing list, at Gulf Shores Info & Photos
Callie!
I love the blog! Carson's here is sooo cute! :) Hope you guys have an awesome time on your vacation, we're jealous! We'll have to check your dad out at Santa Fe Flats!
* Kristy *
lol...I meant Carson's hair. It's definitely time for bed. Have a good week!
Callie and Chris,
It was great to see you. We should get together more often. Have fun on your trip and I will send my pics soon.
Keith
Howdy!!
Mrs. Smith I haaadd to comment on this blog first of all because believe it or not, I've never met anyone else who has gone to Jacksonhole, WY? Crazy. I hated my parents forever for that rafting trip that was way too long. But seriously, I appreciate the beauty of it and all now. AND WE SAW A MOOSE! Just like on the baby's shirt!
SECONDLY, Kari and I are going to New Student Orientation tomorrow! Which we're suuuper siked about. So, much more info. on that later :)
- Kiera
Post a Comment