Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Can you hear me now?

My answer to this question is probably no....until tomorrow! That's right, tomorrow morning at 7:30 AM I am having surgery on my right ear. I've been steadily going deaf since last year and my amazing ENT quickly diagnosed the problem. I'll need surgery in both my ears to fix the hearing loss, either that, or go deaf. Um, I think I'll opt for the surgery. I will have the right one done first, then the left one in about 6 months. The surgery itself won't last more than a couple of hours, but afterwards I will be on bed rest for two days and then very restricted activity for a week.

Praise the Lord for my husband's job which allows him to work from home, and our families who are so willing to help out. My mom will stay the night with us tonight, and keep Carson for us tomorrow. Chris's mom will be with us up at the hospital.

Please pray that the surgery goes well and that my doctor has a good night's rest tonight! He needs to bring his A-game tomorrow. Home girl needs her hearing back!

7 comments:

parsonsfamily said...

I'm praying for you! We need to get together once you're on the mend!

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness! I will pray right now!

valerie said...

praying for you!
glad youre gettin ur ears back

Ashley McWhorter said...

I don't know. I think you should have opted for the hearing aid. :) Seriously though, glad you are getting your hearing back. Hope the recovery goes great. Praying for you. Love you! Talk with you soon!

Anonymous said...

Queen Bee
Mema and Aunt Alice are praying for you and your precious family.
Love you so much.

Anonymous said...

You're in my prayers, Callie.

Melanie... said...

Callie - I'll be praying for you today and as you recover. Keep us updated on your recovery and the second surgery.