Monday, August 11, 2008

My McDreamy

This weekend we traveled to Dallas to pick up the newest member of our family. Meet my McDreamy...

Yes, the Ascaso Dream Espresso Machine has now made it safely home and is resting peacefully on my counter top (looking super cute, I might add). Here's how our loved affair with this bad boy began...
Kara's sister Amy works at Starbucks and has long been talking to Chris about espresso machines. She purchased the Ascaso for herself and Chris was convinced that we needed one too. I quickly said no once I found out the price of the machine. However, Amy was able to score us a fabulous deal. This, plus the fact that we spend an un-godly amount of money at Starbucks, we decided to take the plunge. Amy snagged one of the last machines left in the Metroplex, and we packed up Carson and headed to Dallas to bring home McDreamy.
All this to say that I am now sitting on my couch, watching Carson rock it out in his jumperoo, sipping on my non-fat, iced, caramel macciato, well-stirred and it is DELICIOUS! The best part?? It didn't cost me close to $4 to make and I can add extra caramel. Fabulous.

Oh yeah, about the rest of the weekend....it was GREAT! We got to spend lots of time with Anthony, Kara, and Stayton and we even managed to squeeze in a visit with the Stadlers (may parent's long time best friends). I will post my pics soon, but for now, check out Kara's blog...she has some precious pics of my sweet little man!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

McDreamy is hot stuff....literally. It'll burn your hands.

Eric Smith said...

You went to dallas for a espresso machine? If I would've known that... we totally would've been making fun of you when you dropped by our house.

Hehe... he is pretty cute. Is Chris jealous or does he have a man crush as well? ha

- Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!! - Christina

Savvy said...

I'd like to hang with that 'spresso machine. Can you get me in contact with its people? And seriously. How cool are you guys now? Should I even be talking to you anymore or have you guys risen into another stratosphere of coolness and friendships? I'm excited for you though!

Anonymous said...

the espresso machine is amazing! your drink making talents are wonderful! thanks so much!