The Smith Family is alive and well! Can you believe it? We actually made it to the airport on time, through security without a glitch, and onto the ski slopes without an injury! And to top it all off...we had a GREAT time!
The night before we left we had to take Carson to see Pops (my dad will surely have a fit if he doesn't see the boy every couple of days). Dad was working a wrestling tournament at the Berry Center and Carson witnessed his first sporting event in which boys wear spandex - a very unfortunate sight I must say.
The next morning we headed out to the airport...unsure of how Carson would do.
Throwing the basketball at the seat in front of us. I am sure everyone around us found this much less entertaining than we did. After all, we happen to think our child is stinkin' hilarious. Other people, not so much.



The view from the plane. Notice no picture of Carson throwing the ball and climbing the seats. Nope. The child fell asleep during take off and was out for the rest of the flight. Perfect!

Arriving in the town of Telluride. We definitely looked for Tom (Cruise) and Katie's house there in Telluride but I am sure it is well gated and far from the ski lifts. Dern.

The moms stay home and be moms. Boy, wouldn't it be nice to be a dad just for a day? Go tot he ski slopes and just ski. No diapers to change, no lunch to make, no schedule to keep....ahhhh...

This was the view from the window in our room? Paradise? I think so!

Us mommies did venture out with the kiddos on the first day. Although I do have to say it is quite a task to wrap up these babies to go out in the cold. Sarah and I were both sweating just trying to get out the door!



Us mommies did venture out with the kiddos on the first day. Although I do have to say it is quite a task to wrap up these babies to go out in the cold. Sarah and I were both sweating just trying to get out the door!
the amazing houses along the ski run...we had never seen another Colorado town like Telluride. We normally visit the super touristy towns but we fell in love with the charm of Telluride!



All in all, we had a fabulous time! Thank you Ellis family for hosting us. We miss you so much and want you to move back to Texas! But, since we don't really see that happening, we will just have to travel all over the country to visit!









2 comments:
So glad you guys had a super time. Carson looks so old next to Taylor!
We had a BLAST with yall!!! Just another Smith-Ellis adventure! I'm so glad you guys came to see us in CO!!!! We'll see you in a couple of weeks in TX!!! Lets plan a warm weather trip next! We love you
Post a Comment