Sunday, March 14, 2010

2 Already?!

This past weekend we celebrated Carson's 2nd birthday. I can't believe it. Where does the time go?

Carson,
You aren't two quite yet, mom still has a couple more days until it becomes official. But on your actual birthday we are hoping to take you to the rodeo to see the cows and goats. You might just explode from excitement. Since that day, I'm sure, will be crazy I thought now was a good time to remind you what life is like with you around.
*You absolutely love all things that involve sports and athletics. You never met a ball you didn't like. You are quite coordinated and have a stellar kicking leg. While we encourage you to play soccer outside, you sometimes bring the game indoors and dad lets you get away with it.
*You happen to be obsessed with Mickey Mouse (Mipey). You have the opening song to the Clubhouse show memorized. You call out the names of each character before he/she even appears on the screen. This is the one thing you will actually give up a game of basketball for. You love Mickey.
*You have never met a stranger. You will tell anyone and everyone hello. You are not afraid to stare straight at strangers and tell them what you are thinking. Just this past week you were at the doctor's office with me. While the doctor was talking to me about your baby sisters you very proudly interrupted her and said Nice shoes. The doctor and I both laughed. You clapped for yourself.
*You love spending time with your grandparents. Your Gigi, Pa, Mimi and Pops love you more than life. You have such a neat relationship with each one of them. Dad and I love seeing you with them (we love it more when they offer to keep you for just one night while we get some rest!).
*Your newest trick is to run away when you see me coming towards you with a diaper. You are much smarter than I realize. Sweet boy, you really do understand that your mom is way to big to fit under that table. You just smile and look up at me, fulling knowing there is no way I can crawl down there and get you. I count to three, you smile, I count to three again, you laugh, dad comes in and counts to three, you move out from under the table immediately. Clearly you are more scared of dad than you are of me.
*This morning you crawled in bed with dad and me. We love mornings with you when we have time to just all be together. You gave me kisses, dad kisses and then proudly said Baby sissa kiss! and then gave your baby sisters kisses. You are going to be a great big brother. I am sure we will have to work on being gentle, but there is no doubt you will love them.
*The truth is, if it weren't for your lazy mom, you could probably be potty trained by now. You tell us when you need to go potty and you even ask to go Tee tee M&M often. You see, when you use the potty you get an M&M. So of course, when you have to go to the bathroom you yell Tee tee M&M!. About a week ago you and I were in home depot buying paint for your big boy room. You sat patiently in the basket and suddenly started grunting. A few seconds later you began smiling and clapping. You then announced Mama! Yea! Tee tee M&M! I asked Carson, did you just tee tee? Yes! you answered. Bummer that you only get an M&M when you go on the potty. See? You probably could do it, but mommy is tired and pregnant and you aren't even 2 yet. Let's give you some more time!
*Other than Mickey Mouse, your favorite thing right now is your dad. You love him like crazy. The two of you are so much alike. When dad gets home it is the best part of your day. Dad does fun things with you like kick balls, shoot baskets and catch bugs. He teaches you how to make silly faces and how to spit outside in the dirt. You think your dad is the best. I seem to think so too!
*You do have quite the musical side to you as well. Your Pops taught you to sing into a microphone, but when you do the only thing you say is Microphone! You and dad have written and composed a song about one of your basketballs and you pick up your guitar and randomly begin to sing it. You are crazy good on the drums, but you have no rhythm! You can dance in a circle and you perform so proudly in front of any audience.

Sweet Carson, dad and I laugh all the time and think out loud What did we do before this child? You have made our lives unspeakably complete. We love you.



































7 comments:

Savvy said...

Oh joy! Sweet Carson you are loved! SO sad we missed what looked like a killer fun day and what beautiful blessed weather!! Please give him our love and best birthday wishes! p.s. the cupcakes turned out ADORABLE!

Ashley said...

picture that is 4th from the bottom of Chris and Carson-- Identical much??
I am SOOOO sad I missed it. It's a bummer being poor in L.A. :)
LOVE YOU GUYS!

The Berg Family said...

Not to jump back to the name thing...(cute party by the way), but I really like Ellie. I really really like Audrey and Ellie. I have a friend that spells it Elle. She just named her own daughter Ellison to carry on the name. Just a thought... I just LOVE girls names! I also totally wouldn't mind if you named one of the Emerson... just love it! Audrey and Emmy is a pretty cute combo!

Ashley McWhorter said...

I am so sad that we missed the party! You did such an amazing job! I can't believe that he is already turning 2! WOW!!!! Oh, and I am loving your straight hair. It looks longer. Are you growing it out??? Love it!!!

valerie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARSON!!!!!!! hope he has a great day, the birthday party looks like it was a hit! you are awesome, girl!

ellispartyof5 said...

Yay! Happy Birthday sweet boy! I can't believe you have a 2 year old! He's grown taller since I saw him at Christmastime. Looks like a really fun party! I cant wait to hear the details!

Heather said...

What a great party!!! Happy birthday Carson! I am going to send you an e-mail about something soon!! Glad you guys had a great party!