Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I don't have a good title for this one

Has it really been 11 days since I last posted? Where does the time go? Ever get the feeling that the days so by so.so.so. slowly but the weeks and months fly by? So weird. How does that work?
Moving on. The week before last, my nephew came in for a visit from Dallas. Such a sweet boy - we love him so much! We decided to meet up with him and my parents and fly my dad's remote control plane.
Wait, who am I kidding? This was for Carson, not us. He wanted to fly the plane and to see Stayton, my nephew. It was H.O.T. outside, but we went anyway. We met at a local middle school. We figured there would be plenty of wide open spaces there.
It was H.O.T.!! Did I mention that?
We used umbrellas to keep baby sisters cool.

Carson was WAY into this airplane. He was serious about it, y'all.

They managed to get it into the air once. Yes, once. Then it crashed and was no more. But you couldn't convince Carson of this. He claimed "Pops can fix it!". Sorry buddy, Pops couldn't fix it.

So, Carson just walked around the field carrying it and trying to make it fly.


This airplane now lives in our home, thanks a LOT Pops (ugh!). Carson carries the remote control around and still tries to fly the plane in our dining room. Sad. Last night he wanted to sleep with the plane. We tried, but him + the plane didn't quite work in a twin size bed.

After flying the plane that day, we headed to Pump It Up and let Carson play. He was very timid at first, but eventually warmed up. He even went down the big slide!

He played in the jump house too. And because Carson was in there, Chris had to join him. And he had to practice his tricks:
It was such a great visit! So good to see our sweet Stayton!

In girl news...
My mom made the twins these super cute onesies!
Two Peas in a Pod. LOVE IT!


Aren't they precious?? (the outfits and the babies, of course!)

And let me mention this while we are on the topic of the babies. It is creepin' me out that they are starting to look so much alike! These pictures are horrible quality, but look how similar they are! Guess that's what the identical in identical twins means!


Oh! One more thing! I got this new sling in the mail the other day and I really like it! I tried the Moby wrap, and although it does allow you to carry twins at the same time, it was just way too much fabric for me. Especially in the Houston heat, I just couldn't handle being wrapped 25 times in cotton. This sling is much more simple and easy.
By the way, I cropped my head out of the picture on purpose. I had the most horrible look on my face and I didn't want y'all to see it. It was bad, just trust me.

6 comments:

Julie Marler (Mammy) said...

Precious pics!! Please do tell.....just how DO YOU tell the girls apart???

Kelli said...

Your black dress is adorable!!

Your mom is super talented!!

Jennifer said...

Those onesies are toooo cute!

Heather said...

You look great Callie!! That last picture is too sweet, will you be a surrogate for me?? :) I love the 2 peas in a pod shirts, presh!!

fleur said...

Oh my goodness gracious, L.O.V.E. the onesies!!! :)

Lindsee said...

Oh! Those babes. I just want to squeeze them!