You won't believe it. My house is actually quiet! The girls are both napping and Carson is at school. My dad volunteered to pick him up today which is such a blessing. His school day ends right in the middle of the girls' afternoon nap. Can you say pain in the rear to wake up not one, but two napping babies? Again, so thankful for our families who help us when they can with this!
So, my house is quiet and I am taking a much needed breather!
Last night we spent the evening at my parent's house. Carson is obsessed with their Christmas tree. Probably because it's like Christmas on crack. For real. My mom has spent years collecting the Hallmark moveable ornaments and she spends hours setting up her tree. But when it's finished, it's any kids dream! Carson loves to see all the moving ornaments. We still haven't mastered the art of keeping his little paws off of the tree, but we just keep a close eye on him.
One of my mom's friends sent her home from work with the most adorable set of Christmas sheets for Carson's bed. Mom gave them to us when we got there last night. These are something I have wanted to get for Carson each year, but just couldn't justify the money to Chris. For some reason, I don't think men appreciate the pure cuteness of Christmas bedding. Go figure. When we got home last night, Carson took on his dad's personality and decided he didn't want to sleep in the Christmas sheets. Fine. I didn't force the issue. But today, that sweet little boy is at school, so what did I do?
Yep! Put those sheets on his bed! Aren't they cute? And they look so perfect with his quilt! He will end up loving them, trust me :).
Speaking of Carson's room. Let's talk about this little issue.

This is what he has been doing during nap time. Clearly he is not taking a nap. Instead, he is destroying the blinds in his room. He climbs onto the window sill, breaks off the blinds, and sings songs at the top of his lungs. Destructive I tell ya.

This is what he has been doing during nap time. Clearly he is not taking a nap. Instead, he is destroying the blinds in his room. He climbs onto the window sill, breaks off the blinds, and sings songs at the top of his lungs. Destructive I tell ya.
In twin news. The girls are getting so dern big! They are at the most precious stage right now, I can't get enough of them. We are working on getting them to sit on their own. They still can't do it, but they are getting so close!

When some cold air blew in last week (although it didn't last long) I rushed to pull out all their fun winter clothes. Isn't dressing little girls so much fun?? And let me tell you, dressing twin girls is even better! I had forgotten about these little pink/purple Ralph Lauren outfits I grabbed for them at the outlet (I mean, who pays full price for RL anyway???). Oh. My. Word. How cute are they?!




Meanwhile, big brother is taking a good look at our Christmas tree. This is our tree that houses all our travel and family ornaments so it really does intrigue him. He wants to know about each ornament, what it is, where it came from, etc. We repeat the same stories over and over and over and over again. But I love it. It's my favorite time of year!
I just read back over this post again and realized that it is pretty much about nothing. But that's okay. It's still quiet in my house and my little breather or a break has done me some good!
Now I am off to finish a few more Christmas projects. Oh, I wish I could share them with you! I am making a few gifts this year and they are turning out so great, and I am having a blast doing them! I can't share the pictures yet, because I am sure the recipients read this blog. I promise to show them to you after Christmas though!





4 comments:
I LOVE the sheets, and they match perfectly! I am going to make a mental note to find some christmas sheets for my kids on sale after the 25th...how fun!
I am so glad you got a breather! Yay! I love CArson's sheets and the adorable RL outfits. Love you friend!
Those sheets are so precious. I want some for me. :)
Love those sheets SOOOO MUCH! I agree with Missy. I want some for my bed!!
Post a Comment