Carson comes in before the sun is up and crawls in our bed.
He settles under the covers and tries to go to sleep.
3 minutes later; Mommy? Whatcha' doing'?
Sleeping, Carson.
Why?
Carson, just go to sleep.
3 minutes later he begins singing a song.
Granted, it's a cute song. But still, it's early in the morning on a Saturday!
We ignore Carson, hoping the singing will stop.
It doesn't.
Carson wants to go get donuts. It's what him and daddy do on Saturday mornings.
So he starts talking about donuts.
And talking.
And talking.
Finally, baby sisters start waking up.
It's now 8:00AM. I can't complain.
We lay in bed listening to them talk to each other.
Sweet voices.
I crawl out of bed to make their breakfast.
Carson runs in their room to tell them good morning.
This is what I hear on the monitor:
Hey sweetheart!
I see you too other sister!
You look so pretty!
How are you?
Let's jump!
Watch me!
Jump!
Jump!
Jump!
I go in to rescue sisters from jumping brother.
Daddy comes in to see sisters too.
We carry them to the table.
I feed sisters.
Daddy cooks coffee, bacon, and eggs for breakfast.
Carson wants to go get donuts.
Girls scream because I can't feed them fast enough.
Carson wants donuts.
Daddy lets Carson play his monkey game in the Wii to buy himself some time.
Girls finish their food, they are still hungry.
We are out of baby food. Not to self; make more baby food soon!
Scramble the girls an egg with cheese. They love it!
Carson is still playing his monkey game.
Girls are finished eating.
Change diapers.
Dress girls.
Chris brings me a plate of bacon and eggs.
Love this man!
Girls play on the floor with toys.
I sip my coffee.
Oops! Realize Carson is still in his pull-up!
Carson, go tee tee and put on some underwear.
Ok, mommy.
He succeeds with going potty, but can't quite get the pull-up off.
Why?
Because that would mean he'd have to take off his football pants.
Mom to the rescue.
Convince him that he can put the pants back on after he puts on his underwear.
He agrees.
I hear daddy and sisters playing in the living room.
Again, love that man!
Carson now has football pants on, now puts on football uniform.
That's what he wants to wear to go get donuts.
Fine.
Daddy finishes his coffee, eggs and bacon.
Boys take out trash and leave for donuts.
Carson is on cloud 9.
I follow girls around house watching what they try to eat.
Girls getting tired.
It's 9:45AM.
Change diapers.
Give kisses.
Nap time!
Pour second cup of coffee.
Sit for a few minutes on the couch.
Whew!
Boys come home with donuts.
Mine has chocolate icing only.
Carson's has sprinkles.
Daddy got a bagel.
3 of us sit at the table and eat.
Carson tells me about getting donuts.
Daddy and I discuss plans for the day.
Hear sisters talking on the monitor.
Clean up sprinkles on floor.
Daddy heads into his office to work.
Carson and mommy snuggle on the couch and watch Dino Dan.
It's 10:30AM.
Wonder what the rest of the day will bring???
5 comments:
That sounds almost like my day, except my 5 year decided the appropriate time to get up was 5:45am. Mommy was not happy about that!
Love this!!
sounds about right. that's more like our everyday and not just a saturday
Sounds like beautiful chaos!!
Love your saturday run down!
Post a Comment