Friday, February 25, 2011

Darn!

My goal was the blog every day this week. I went to bed last night and totally forgot! Darn! No worries, I am sure you all will forgive me!

Carson's at school today and the girls are napping right now. I'm working on his birthday party - cannot believe this little boy is going to be THREE in just a few weeks. We decided to do the party at a local restaurant. It has live animals for the kids to pet and feed and it has a huge yard for them to play in. What this means for me? Easy set up, easy clean up and not much stress! I'm putting the party guest list together now. I am so tempted to just invite all of my friends so I can visit with them and chat. But then I remember that this is CARSON'S party, not mine. Maybe I should invite friends that he would like. Go figure! Do you deal with this too when planning your kids' parties?

Anyway, we are going with a Cowboy theme in honor of the rodeo here in Houston. I am thinking about doing this for the cake.
Precious, don't you think?

Planning all this takes me back to his party last year when I was pregnant with the girls. And who would have guess that at his party this year I will be pregnant AGAIN. If you would have told me that then, I would have laughed in your face.

As soon as I am done planning the little man's party, I will have to start working on the party for the twins. But I have decided that theirs will just be family. I mean come on, they are just 1, they won't know the difference anyway, right :)? I'm thinking about doing a Tea for Two party for the girls. We'll see if I get it pulled together or not.

I should probably get back to my party planning now. Hopefully I can find sometime to get outside today and enjoy this beautiful weather!!

5 comments:

Jaclyn said...

that cake is SO stinkin' cute! I love it!
you'll have to tell me what restaurant you are talking about! It sounds like somewhere i need to take my kids! fun!
Have fun party planning! I am sure it will be adorale!!!

Wendy said...

Seems like Clay's is the place for birthday parties lately! It is so fun though :)

Anonymous said...

Love the cake!!!!

Kelli said...

Guilty as charged for wanting to invite my friends :)

That cake is awesome!

Ashley McWhorter said...

SO fun! LOVE that cake! And, I'm with Kelli. I'm guilty for inviting my friends, too. :)