Saturday, April 30, 2011

A First Birthday Party!!

The morning of the girls' birthday we woke them up singing to them. Carson was so excited to go wake them up (ignore the picture, I promise he really was excited). He kept saying all morning Mommy, today is sisters' birthday and then tomorrow it will be my birthday! Poor boy, he just didn't understand (or like) the fact that his sisters got all the attention.

I love the look on their faces, like I'm sorry, why are y'all singing to us??
Sweet brother giving birthday kisses.

The girls got pancakes for breakfast and they loved them!




And there you have it, that pretty much ended our birthday celebration for that day. Why? Because sweet Carleigh ran a temperature of 102 all day. Poor baby. And now all 3 of the kids are battling this yucky virus. But nonetheless, my parents did stop by to see the girls on their birthday and kiss their sweet fever-ridden cheeks.
Like I said, all 3 kids are still battling this yucky virus, but we went ahead with the party anyway. Let me just add that deciding not to do a big party was such a great idea! I was much less stressed and it made the day so much more enjoyable. We invited our parents and one of our closest friends. That's it. And it was fun!


We had a tea for two theme (except I didn't serve tea!). Chris's grandmother hand painted these tea sets for the girls - precious, right???

Carleigh took a liking to our friend Lesh - it was pretty cute!
Sweet girl, still not feeling well.
Caroline and Gigi!
The girls with Mimi and Pops!

Time for presents!
Poor Carson, he just didn't understand that the gifts weren't for him. We did let him open most of them, but when he looked inside and saw pink pajamas he was pretty disappointed!
Instead, the kids had much more fun playing in the tissue paper.


Time for cake! We had a little version made for each girl to smash. So fun!



Carleigh was a little unsure about this:
But not Caroline, she dug right in:


Carleigh still picking at the cake:


She finally did take a bite.
The girls could've cared less about the picture with mom and dad, they were way more into their cake!
The only family picture we got. it will have to do...
Because the rest of the attempts ended up looking like this:

We had a great time celebrating the gift of our two precious girls. Happy birthday sweet things - we love you!!

1 comment:

Skoglund said...

I love that Caroline picked up the cake!

Mindy