I feel like this is such a waiting period for us right now. Waiting for this sweet baby girl to get here. Waiting for my blood pressure to go down. Waiting to find out what new changes Chris's company will keep making concerning his job. Waiting for the right time to move into a different home. Waiting for the time when we can manage all our kids and go out to dinner or hang out with friends and it not be stressful. Just waiting.
To be honest, at the beginning of the week I was really frustrated with the waiting. I see friends starting new adventures and following the Lord's calling on their lives. They are impacting God's kingdom and getting to serve in some awesome ways. I've asked Chris if he thinks we should be involved in this or that or here or there. But for right now, the Lord is just telling us to wait.
So after my appointment on Monday, and after my doctor sent me to the hospital, I sat down that night and decided I need to accept the waiting period. I needed to stop wishing it away. I needed to be okay with not being involved in things, not being asked to be involved with things, not attending all play dates, not going to all girls nights out. I needed to just rest in the time that is now.
And you know what? The past two days have been amazing. God has shown himself to me in so many ways:
- my grandpa showed up at my parents house to see the kids. He handed me an envelope before he left. It had exactly enough money in it for us to buy the new baby's crib mattress and a box of diapers.
Finances are so easy for our God.
- today Carson needed to go to the dr. but I didn't think there was any way I could manage all 3 of the kids by myself being this pregnant. My sweet sweet friend and her husband so graciously kept the twins (along with their own 2 kids) so that I could just take Carson.
Schedules are simple to solve for our God.
- Carleigh's new obsession is to give kisses to anything and anyone. Tonight after dinner she laughed and laughed while her and Chris gave kisses to her Tigger toy.
Children are such a joy to our God.
- Caroline took 8 steps yesterday. She isn't a walker yet, but it's just a matter of time.
Our God is the great Creator.
- Carson has become completely smitten with his daddy. Tonight Chris was stretching in preparation for a run and Carson was right by his side, mimicking his every move.
Our God is our Father.
So although I might get a little
In the years to come we will be more able to actually leave the house and serve more places, be involved in more things and meet new faces. But for now, it is my desire to become content (and maybe even happy) with the waiting.
7 comments:
I loved this post to tears. I watch you and think what a great mama you are. That you love the Lord so much - it encourages me. Thanks for sharing and blessing us.
So often your blogs leave me teary eyed! This was definitely one of them. You are such a great mom, and one of the most awesome families I know. Mike and I are so blessed to have ya'll in our lives.
What a great post-it can be so hard to view things through the eternal perspective. Thanks for this reminder!
Callie,
I often read but don't always comment. I must here. What you wrote is so personal. I admire you, your stamina, and your honesty. I know we haven't spoken in years but know I read and think about you, especially when I see a mom with twins. Keep the perspective - it's inspiring.
Ellen
I feel you and feelnthe EXACT same way. I want to do more yet home is where the Lord has me
You left me teary eyed too! loved these thoughts. Also, give yourself grace in the waiting! Love you, friend!
Love this, friend!! I have to constantly tell myself, "This is the season we are in right now. It may not be easy, but this is it!" Love you!
Post a Comment