May parents came over one night last week to see the kids, this is a pretty normal occurrence. My mom bought the kids new pajamas, again, a normal occurrence. But on this particular night, she wanted a picture of all 4 kids in their new pajamas. This is not a normal occurrence. Not because we don't love Mimi, or the pj's she got us, but because getting all 4 kids to sit still is very difficult.
If you have any number of kids, I am sure you can relate.
Hey Kids! Say cheese!
Oops! Caroline's crying. She wants the cell phone. Shocker.
Just give it to her.
Fine.
Shoot! Now Carleigh's crying because she wants a cell phone. And Caroline's still crying because her phone's screen is locked.
Carson is smiling.
Cami is thinking "who ARE these people?!"
Ok, forget the twins. Quick! Get a picture of Carson, he's smiling very sweetly!
Oh Caroline, give it up. Your obsession with cell phones is too much drama for all of us.
Hey! Everyone look over here!
Carson, grab Cami, she's falling over!
Ok, now everyone just try to look happy! Cami, over here baby!
Hey mom, throw in that obnoxious festive singing Halloween tree. The girls will love that!
Um, not so much.
Back to Carson. Oh look! He's smiling again so sweetly and holding Cami!
Yeah, that's it, let's just focus on the one child that is actually obeying!
Carleigh decides she wants in on the action.
Carson yells at her No Carleigh! This is my baby!
Carleigh beings to cry.
Caroline is still obsessed with the cell phone. Seriously, sister, let it go.
So what do you think, Mimi?
Is a picture worth all of that drama?
{my guess is that her answer would be yes}



10 comments:
Hysterical! You get what you get and you don't throw a fit I guess! I can totally remember those days but after thousands of pictures the kids are well trained now.
Ha ha ha!! I lOve it!! And your mom!
YES and they are all so precious! What about the funny story Carson told about his p.j.'s? Can't wait till Turkey and Christmas jammies!
Mimi x/o
Hahaha - so funny. I laughed out loud reading the captions and looking at all of the pictures. So worth it I think; the kids will laugh someday when they see this! :)
PS - sorry about the deleted comment from Mike...apparently his account was the one signed in when I left the first comment. Oops.
so dang funny!! you ought to see the entire Marler/McWhorter gang try to get a Christmas pic. Seriously...we take at least 35 pics just to hopefully get one where everyone is just looking at the camera - forget smiling! And the adults are worse than the kids!! They are acting stupid cause they know it drives me nuts. And the kids are begging for it to be "the last one!!" but one day you will look back and laugh and be so thankful you made the effort no matter how hysterical it was...seriously!!
Mammy
haha! typical :) i always set my boys on the couch after naps to get a semi-decent picture. so tell mimi next time she has to come after naptime!
LOVE this post! I am cracking up! What precious little ones you have....and I think you will always treasure the real-ness of this picture post :) Adorable!
SO awesome and SO real! I love how Cami's expression never changes! Gotta love how our 4th's just go with the flow! :)
Post a Comment