Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Brother

Don't know why this has never occurred to me, but since I've had this blog I don't think I've ever really written much about my brother.
The two of us are 18 months apart.
This means we went to elementary, junior high, and high school together.  Well, we actually went to different high schools because I went to the one we were zoned to, and he went where my dad was the basketball coach {because what boy wouldn't want to play basketball for their dad?!}
He was the cool older brother with all the cute friends.
This made me popular with my friends because being at my house meant he and his friends were there.
In fact, I have a certain sister-in-law who was one of these girls, however, she actually got the boy in the end - yay!
We had many great times together.  We also fought like arch enemies.  
The junior high and high school years were the worst, let's pretend they didn't happen.
By the time we both graduated from college and married our spouses we had actually grown fairly close.
His wife, Kara, and I are dear friends.
Chris and him get along so well.
I call him on a weekly basis while he's at work.  For no reason.  Just to talk.
And he is so great with my kids.
The girls and Carson adore him.
He plays with them non-stop.
He really is a great brother.
In fact, I think he's the best.  I'll not trade him for any other.
I pray my girls grow to love their big brother like I love mine.

1 comment:

ashley said...

I love my big brother like that! It may have taken several years of me annoying the mess out of him- but I think he tolerates me now. Glad he married YOU!!!