Wow, where does the time go?
I've sat down so many times and have meant to write this post. But then I get distracted by so many other things and it never gets done.
So, because I have procrastinated so much, we have to take a little trip back to the month of April.
Why?
Because on April 27th, my baby girls turned TWO!
Honestly, the day completely snuck up on me and I didn't have much planned. We were going to visit my brother and his family in Dallas, so we had a small family party and celebrated that way.
I have to admit. After Carson's huge pirate party, I did feel quite bad for giving the girls the shaft. I mean, they didn't even have balloons. I didn't make a cake. No invitations. Nothing.
But, they are 2. They won't remember, right??
My sister in law - Kara - made up for my lack of planning and had a delicious home made cake for them {complete with candles on it} and she even hung a birthday banner up.
While we didn't have a big party, we certainly loved on them and planned a fantastic trip to Dallas!
These are my kids with my brother. They probably sat in his lap for an hour watching silly kid videos on YouTube. They were mesmerized.
Chris and Anthony are doing a triathlon together in August. They wanted to go look at gear while we were there. Here they are in a Tri store. I'll spare you the picture of my husband in a spandex onesie. It was "laugh so hard you'll wet your pants" hilarious.
One night while we were in Dallas, we got together with some of our closest family friends. There must've been close to 15 kids running around this house. It was so much fun!
Carson loved these Stadler boys. I grew up with each of their moms/dads so it is so much fun to get together with our kids now. Love these families!
And how sweet is this picture??
My girls had no problem leaning over and giving kisses. Should I be worried??
The whole gang!
Crossing the street with this many kids calls for a crossing guard for sure!
This was the morning of the girls' birthday! They were a little confused as to why we were singing to them. Carleigh thought it was fun, Caroline not so much.
Other fun fact for the day. See Caroline in this picture {the one on the left}?
She leaned forward to blow out her candle and got a little too close to the flame.
She burned her bangs and her eyebrows!
She wasn't hurt, but it really scared her.
Chris and I were dying laughing!
Carleigh had no idea why sister was crying. It was a classic Smith Family moment.
Carleigh does look a little unsure about blowing out her candle after watching her sister get burned!
After our morning excitement, we headed out to Dallas. We stopped at McDonalds for lunch!
Traveling to Dallas really wasn't all the bad. But the troops got restless with about an hour left in the trip, so what does any good mom do? Crawl in the back and stuff their little mouths with snacks!
We stopped at my cousin's house and visited with her and her kids. They pretty much have every toy known to man. My kids were in heaven!
Finally, we made it to my brother's house! The kids were super excited to see their cousin Stayton - they LOVE him!
Of course, we had presents and cake, thanks to Aunt Kara!!!
Since this was waaay back in April, the water was too cold to get in but the kids loved splashing around!
Cake time!! But in this round, no burned hair!
Although we didn't have a big, fancy party, this was a perfect party weekend for my girls.
Caroline and Carleigh,
You two gils make life straight up fun. You are mischievous, energetic, sassy, beautiful, creative, funny and oh so lovable! Having twins really is twice the work and twice the mess. But the two of you are twice the blessing! Daddy and I love seeing the two of you love on each other and care about each other. You girls have a bond that most of us will never understand. While you each are different in your own unique ways, you are also so much alike. We love you with an indescribable love!
Happy 2nd birthday sweet girls!














































1 comment:
I love your cooking blog. I have been looking for something to do to help in planning my family's meals. We, too, are a family of 6. My kids are similar to yours. I have a 7 year old, twin 3 year olds and a 2 year old. :) Plus, we have two full time jobs. So, Thank you again for your blog and all the hard work you do. I know the challenges of dealing with four opininated, different, independent personalities.
Post a Comment