My mom had a birthday waaaay back in April. She made me promise to not buy her one single thing. All she wanted was the gift of time...with me! That meant being able to start a conversation AND finishing it! Imagine that!
So, we picked a date, made reservations, and hit the road!
We dragged my grandma along with us, mainly because that lady loves her some slot machines!
We headed to a casino in a nearby state.
Look! No kids!
Mom and I stopped immediately at the spa for massages.
They. were. amazing.
We almost didn't know what to do with ourselves as we sat in the "relaxation room" in complete silence reading books. At one point we both turned to one another and busted out laughing. We were in heaven!
Then, we headed out to the pool. With no kids. No floaties. No sippy cups. No whining. Ahhhhhh.....
After a while, we headed inside to have some fun!
We found grandma on her throne :)! HA!
At one point during the weekend, I found myself alone, with a cup of coffee, reading a book.
Incredible.
But I have to give credit where credit is due.
This man made it all possible.
He braved the kids while I was gone.
And everyone survived!
I call that success!!





3 comments:
Sounds like a blast!!! Good for you and thanks to the hubby! He's a champion!
I would love a weekend with my daughter and daughter-in-law. Just us girls without anyone bugging us!!! Good for you girls!!
ive got to say my favorite part of this whole story is the end when you announce that your husband did it all on his own! I wish my husband would have the guts to pull this off for me! im a mother of 5 and I could totally use a get away like this! congrats!
Post a Comment