Sunday, January 13, 2013

WHEW!!!

That was a loooong break!!!
Goodness, it feels nice to be back in the land of the living.  The past few months have brought about a lot of changes for our family of six.  I'll give you a quick run down of the details - in bulleted form no less, because it will make it seem all that more dramatic...

- place our home on the market this past summer
- show our home for 3 solid months {read Callie went insane}
- accept offer on home
- sign papers for new home
- new home not ready yet
- move in with my parents {9 of us living in one home}
- live with my parents for 3 months
- close on new home 6 days before Christmas
- celebrate Christmas with both families
- leave for a week for Passion in Atlanta, GA {more on this later}
- come back home and begin unpacking

Whew, I'm tired just typing all of that.  It's been an awesome several months.  We've seen God answer prayers and bless our socks off in so many ways.  But, it's also been an exhausting few months.  We are beyond grateful to be in our new home and we are settling in quite nicely, I must say.

The spring will be jammed packed with mother's day out, bible study, and registering my baby for Kindergarten.  Let's not talk about that now.  I'm serious.  Don't talk about it.

I'm not quite sure how to start back up on my blog, and tracing life back all the way into the summer just seems too daunting.  So, I'll start with where we are now.  And maybe I'll throw in another meal planning blog or two, since I've gotten so many requests for that.  Anyway, all this to say I am back, and it feels so nice!

5 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

YAY!!!! Glad to have you back, friend!!! :) Love you so much!!

Anonymous said...

I would love for you to do another blog post on mealplanning. I am fairly new to it and have used many of your ideas and tried your recipes, any additional suggesting/recipes would be awesome!!

vdavisson said...

Hi Callie,

I was so excited by your post that I had to write in. I am a SAHM after a relapse in cancer, living on SSDI with medical bills and so forth. To think, a year ago I was earning 4X as much as I do now... God is good, though; my husband takes care of me through dialysis, dr. appts., does the cooking/shopping, and is working to start a new food business. Sometimes a little humility is a good thing...

Anyway, I was so inspired by your hard work and gumption that I thought I'd take a few days to create a grocery list in spreadsheet format and offer it to you. I can post it publicly at Google Docs, as well as send it to you for individual download from your site. It can be in Open Office and Excel. Write back to me at vdavisson at gmail.com and we can talk.

Awesome blog!!!

vdavisson said...

I meant your Monthly Cooking post, of course. God bless you.

Always Reading said...

I can understand the moving. We did that on Dec 26, 2011. I am still unpacking. Long story. We have our oldest, who is disable along with me. I have to take things slowly. This summer I am getting organize. I just found your blog on Pinterest. I can't wait to read more.