
Our Little Man

Stayton (my nephew) and Carson

In the waiting room (before they left and had to be called back!)
Dad and Carson just minutes after he was born
Happy Family - and mom with a seriously swollen face - ugghh!

Is he not precious??

Chris and I after the epidural kicked in - sweet!

Kara and I waiting and waiting...

Sweet baby!

Those are my thoughts as I sit here and stare at this baby monitor, listening for the slightest peep coming from my sweet baby. How can I even begin to sum up the past several days? Let me give you a little timeline:
Sunday 3/16
8:00 AM - get up, go to church - enjoy fabulous fellowship and an awesome message from Dr. Young.
12:00 PM - plan to head home, grab lunch and then head to Sunday school class softball game
12:45 - make Spaghettios in the microwave
12:47 - walk to couch, with Spaghettios, bend over and wet pants (my apologies to any men reading this, but this is what it feels like when a pregnant woman's water breaks)
12:47 - run to bathroom, yell for Chris
12:48 - Chris makes it to the bathroom, I tell him what's going on, he says "I hear what you are saying but I no idea what to do." We both laugh.
12:49 - Call my Dr's office, they tell us to come to the hospital ASAP.
12:50 - BEGIN packing bags for the hospital. Yes, I know. This should have been done long before we got to this point, buy hey - I am a planner and I had planned to do it that night - along with many other things. No worries, I had a list and Chris followed it well.
12:50-1:20- pack bags, call family, run around the house freaking out! Think - "Is this really happening?!?"
1:30 - drive to hospital - still making phone calls
2:00 - check in at hospital, don beautiful hospital gown
2:15 - nurse checks me, says she doesn't think my water has fully broken and I haven't dilated much at all, but my Dr. wants me to stay - side note: we did not like this nurse :)
2:20 - Nurse starts Pitocin to start my contractions, I am still doing OK as far as pain.
2:30 - Nurse kicks up the Pitocin drip, a little pain
2:40 - Nurse kicks up Pitocin again, more pain
2:50 - Nurse kicks up Pitocin again, now I want to kick nurse! Major pain. Contractions very strong and one minute apart.
3:00 - nurse measure me, 3 cm, ask for epidural
3:15 - received epidural - LIFE IS GOOD
Now we sit around and wait....
7:00 PM - still only dilated at 3 cm, send family home to sleep and wait for a call. We anticipated it being at least 6 more hours.
10:00 - mom, Chris and I decide to take naps in the room, lights out.
10:15 - Dr. comes in to break my water (we thought it had already broken....they thought it hadn't)
10:17 - Dr. discovers I am at a 10 now and it's time to push!
WHAT?!?
10:20 - mom and Chris call family members back to hospital
10:45 - Carson Browning Smith take his first breath!!!
As you can see, this was a very fast and unexpected delivery, but we couldn't be happier. Turns out our God knows us pretty well...Chris thrives off of last minute, spur-of-the-moment happenings and it was a good thing for me that it went so quickly - that way I didn't realize what the heck I was about to do!
Enjoy the pictures...as you can tell, we love showing off our boy. We happen to think he's the best looking baby ever!!!
5 comments:
congrats on the new edition
He IS absolutely precious! I can't wait to meet him. I'm so happy for you guys and I absolutely loved the play by play. Very funny....
Callie you are such a great story teller- your family's story! We are so excited for you and Chris. This is such a sweet and exhausting time for you both. Lesh and I can't wait to experience that same joy sometime soon. Carson is such a great gift from God. Praise, Praise!!
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for yall. He is SO CUTE!!! I can't wait to meet him. Your story made me tear up and I got goose bumps... what in the world? Congrats again... love yall - Christina and Eric
callie... he is sooooooooo precious.. you are a quick blogger with a little one!! i am impressed!!!
i miss you.. i want to meet him soon.
kellie
Post a Comment