Monday, June 9, 2008

Dallas loves Carson!

This weekend we traveled to Dallas to visit my family and to celebrate Carson's birth with a baby shower! Kara, my precious sister-in-law, wanted to do a shower for us before Carson was born, but with my bed rest we had to postpone the shower until after his arrival. This ended up being so much fun! Kara and my cousin Kimberly were the hostesses and they did a fantastic job. And I mean fantastic! The food was fabulous and we even had our own Starbucks barista! Amy, Kara's sister, has worked at Starbucks for a while now and volunteered her time to come and make drinks for everyone, complete with the Starbucks cups and everything!


Notice that Chris stayed around the shower long enough to place his Starbucks order. I guess the "man code" rule about attending baby showers is tossed out the window when a Starbucks barista is present!

Kara organized a game during the shower in which we all had to sniff diapers full of mushy candy bars. I have a serious love affair with chocolate, but for some reason when it is squished inside a diaper it very quickly looses its appeal. I am pretty sure this could be the next diet fad...just dump all your food temptations in a diaper and presto change-o...no more appetite!


Melissa was declared the winner!


We received some fabulous gifts at the shower!

Kara and I with the stroller they gave us....I love this girl!

My cousin Kim, the other hostess, and sweet baby Carson.

Funny story about this gift. Lisa gave us this outfit (you can read her blog here) and little did she know that it was the same outfit that Carson actually wore to the shower! It was so precious that I bought it for him a few weeks ago...Lisa thought the same thing and gave it to us as a gift. No worries though...you can never have enough of a good thing!

My Aunt Alice and me. She is the one that game Carson the little French bathing suit (see previous post). I am blessed beyond belief to have her in my life!

Amy taking a break from all the brewing!

Sister Sister! These girls are the closet things to sisters I will ever have! I'm pretty sure I've known them since I could walk and talk.

Carson with Nan (Jenny Stadler). Jenny is the mother of the girls above and my mom's best friend. She is absolutely a second mom to me and claims Carson as her grandchild as well. I think he loves her already!


After the shower, we decided to try Carson out in the swimming pool. Let me make a small disclaimer about his attire. Yes people, I know that it does not match. No, I am not color blind. However, we had a difficult time trying to find a little SPF swim shirt, shorts, and hat that all match. Apparently, manufacturers don't make the swim shirts in a 3-6 month size, or there is an extremely high demand for them in Houston. Either way, we did the best we could and here's what we ended up with...maybe we should have stuck with the French one piece after all!

I'm thinking he looks like a summertime cowboy. Yee Haw Carson!

This picture makes me laugh so hard that my sides hurt!


We bought a little floatie for him to ride in. I was hopeful that he would fit in it...no such luck...





My nephew, Stayton, and me in the hot tub. That pool water was just WAY too cold for me!

Stayton and Carson. These two are a match made in heaven. Stayton is wonderful with Carson! Why can't every new born come with an 11 year old? That would be heaven!

Mimi and Pops rockin' with the babe.


My sweet friend Christina, her husband Eric, and their baby Cason came over Saturday night to swim and have burgers. I love this girl!

sweet Cason!

All in all, we had a fabulous weekend. Good food, good friends and great family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness-what a great blog! Mine was the trailer (preview) version. I am laughing out loud alone at home about that pic of Carson in his green cowboy sun hat with his smirk. Classic. I am so glad you loved it. I had the best time preparing and hostessing. Miss u!!!