Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A can of Spray Paint Never Hurt Anyone!

So my doctor seriously didn't know what he was doing when he told me last Thursday that I was fine to resume normal activity. Normal activity?! Here's normal activity around the Smith house....

This was my kitchen wall a few days ago. Cute, yes. But I was tired of it. In need of something new.


I found this thingy in the back of a closet and thought, surely I can do something with it...


I decided to spray paint the frame and then convert the mirror into a chalk board! How fun to have a chalkboard in the kitchen!




Next, I finally got tired of looking at this sad little table in our living room. I heard the spray paint calling my name...

TaDa! Perfect!

Now I need to find a lamp and some little goodies for the table - I'll update with a new picture when I have the time to accessorize.



Next, (yes, there's more!) Chris and I ventured to the local Goodwill store the other night and I happened upon this little number for a mere $20!


Again, nothin' a can of spray paint can't fix!

By the way...I am in love with this color! I think it was called Latte and it looks fabulous in our guest room!


Finally...on top of all the home decorating projects I have going on I have also decided to make Carson's baby food. I'm sorry, was that Betty Crocker calling?! Um yes. I believe it is! I was terribly tired of paying $.60 for a jar of organic baby food. The kid is already eating 3-4 jars a day and that's just for breakfast and lunch. I can save an unreal amount of money by just doing it myself so here we go...

Acorn Squash (who knew there was such a thing?!) mixed with cinnamon.

Squash and Pears ready for the freezer!


Whew! I'm tired just writing this post. But have no fear. I am working on another home decor project in the next few days. Think feathers, fabric, and FABULOUS! I promise to post pics!!

8 comments:

Melanie... said...

You've been a busy girl! I love the latte paint color too...
Melanie...

Anonymous said...

How FUN! I wanna do fun things...:(

Anonymous said...

Great Job, I'm impressed. It all looks really good. Wish I was home working on mine. One day!
Mimi x/o

Tiffany said...

GOOD WORK, CALLIE!!! Do you have the little baby food maker from Williams Sonoma? I saw it the other day and thought it looked so neat. I thought it might even come in handy for my 3 minute school lunches. I mean...just think how fast I could eat if I didn't have to chew!

Ashley McWhorter said...

Way to go! Just make sure you aren't sniffin' to much paint! :)

Yes, I love to change my blog background. I get bored with it easily, it is free, and it is so easy to do. Maybe if I paid someone to do it, I wouldn't change it so much. :)

Hey, when are you free to start doing things? Like...get out of the house with me? Love you!

Anonymous said...

Who are you?!? Is there anything you can't do Callie?

I have always been a fan of your guest room set-up, but I definitely like the new addition.

I think your new projects are so cool. Have fun!

Savvy said...

Wow. Girl. Steppin' it up!!! DANG. I'm loving the projects! Fierce indeed. And the Carson stockpiling food thing- genious! Love it! Exclamation point! This was worth the wait. YGG!

Savvy said...

By the by- CONGRATS CARSON!!! When did he start on the baby food!?